1990 TC Maserati (Seattle area)

Guest KristiPNW

Guest KristiPNW

(cross posted)

Hi there,

I am helping my parents sell this car. We located just north of Seattle. According to NADA mid price would be around $10k, but admittedly we have no idea if that is accurate. I can tell you that this is a beautiful car. Always garaged. Mileage is approx 80k. Creme exterior with both hard top and soft top, wonderful leather interior. It is my understanding that the car was originally purchased and owned down in Palm Springs, then sold to an owner in Sequim, WA. Then to my uncle (huge car collector! He actually owned the first VW dealership here in WA state many moons ago!), then sold to my parents.

Anyone have questions or interest??

Thanks for any thoughts/input.

Kristi

The engine and transmission combination will help determine a price.

I sold my 89 with the twin cam engine and 5 speed a couple of years ago.

After about two years of listing in various places I was only able to get $5000 for it.

The V 6 Mitsubishi engines are worth less. As are the 4 cyl with the automatics.

Hemmings wrote an article many years ago stating that these were the sleeper investment cars. Unfortunately that did not turn out to be true.

Fun little cars though.

You also cannot go by the price guides. Years of watching for actual sales prices on TC's suggest what you are selling is a 3000 to 3500 car depending on actual condition, if anything negatively surprises the buyer while looking at it then consider it a 2000 to 2500 car. Sorry to burst your bubble but TCs with under 50,000 miles are barely getting 4000 right now unless they are the dual overhead cam and 5speed version.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KristiPNW

Thanks for the responses! I was surprised to see them just now....I have adjusted my settings.

Looks like theirs is the V-6 3.0 liter Single overhead cam. Automatic. Buggers. I guess we will take a stab on Craigslist and see what happens....

Guest KristiPNW

OHC - overhead cam? How can I check to be sure? I pulled out "original" paperwork. The VIN is ZC2FS1203LB206200... Let me know how I can confirm. Thanks so much for your help!

Yes, the 3.0 V6 has an overhead cam in each head. The performance version of the 3.0 engine with Dual overhead cams was not used by Chrysler in the TC. For 1990 the performance engine in the TC was the Dual overhead cam 4 cylinder mated to the Getrag 5 speed transaxle. The TC with VIN ending in 6199 had the DOHC 4cyl and 5speed and was also painted yellow. My VIN list has your TC built in Nov of 1989 with a bunch of other yellow ones but the list doesn't have every single one accounted for, yet. The production month is on the tag on the driver's door but could be a different month since TC's were not always built in actual VIN order. The 'S' in your VIN is for a 3.0L V6 engine. If yours has ginger interior then the soft top should be tan vinyl, if black interior then the soft top should be black cloth.

My bad. I thought it was a push rod motor.

David knows a bunch more about these than I do.

I loved my twin cam car but was always nervous about the electrics and brakes. Although I never had a bit of trouble with it in the 5 or 6 years that I owned it.

Guest KristiPNW

Thanks so much for the help. It does in fact have the black leather interior and the black soft top (under yellow/cream hard top cover!). I will have to look inside the drivers side door for the production month tag just for kicks. Interesting to learn about if nothing else. I placed an ad for sale on craigslist... we will just if there are any bites! It sure is a fun little car....showy ride for someone hopefully!