Anyone seen this concept ?

Guest my3buicks

I like the basic style lines, front sides, interior all nice. The rear? I don't even like it on Porsche 4 dr, or A7 .. Too many odd scoops in a small area, hate rear window too.. To me redo the rear before production, looks old and overdone already. Not worthy of the rest of the car.

But their convert concept is worse.. Very VW and Chrysler 200 to me.. See it, u tell me, doesn't look Buick at all!

I saw the article on the Cascada and the Avenir article in the emails I get from "Automotive News". I found the press release with a Google search, on the Buick website.

I've maintained that another product was needed to companion with the Cadillac CT6 rwd sedan AND that it would most probably be a Buick, just as the Lucerne and DTS were on the same assembly line.

I'm waiting to see the car in person, but from the pictures, I wonder if the 4-place seating and WIDE center console might not be spacious enough to not become knee-rests for the driver and front seat passenger? It's the wide center console that, to me, makes the Lacrosse too small inside for the outer size of the car.

The 4-place seating looks neat and has been used on many custom cars since the earlier 1960s AND in production on a prior-gen Nissan Maxima (as an option), but I feel that if that car is to really "play", it needs a full bench seat (with designated passenger seating areas, as in the past) in it. Narrow the console a little and let the front buckets stay.

I'm guessing the car will come in somewhere around $60K, but probably higher than that, especially "fully loaded". Price Point will be VERY critical for this car, I suspect. NO matter what a Lexus might sell for, they need to continue the "value approach" they started when comparing the LaCrosse to the Lexus competition for things to work well.

Some website posters commented about the rear of the car compared to the CT6. The CT6 needs a squarer rear configuration so it can compete in the livery marketplace. Cadillac found out, when one of their new sedans didn't sell well compared to the Town Car that their trunk would not hold Pullman cases side-by-side and still close the deck lid. The next product re-fresh and the deck lid level was raised so it would hold the Pullman cases AND they got the sales they were looking for. Buick is not in that market, other than possibly a more personal Limousine, so they can get away with the more contoured rear area.

I HOPE it works and makes it to market pretty much as it's being shown. Hopefully NOT another "auto show hit" that we never see in the showrooms!

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

Guest my3buicks

I think that may be the beauty of it Dave, while it's a concept I think they are really testing the waters as whether to build it. Without question it is not out there like most concepts, even past Buick concepts. The interior as you mention would probably be the only thing that more than likely wouldn't make into a production car.

I'll bet this car is more production-ready than we might suspect. I saw something a month or so ago that Buick was doing something similar to the Porsche Panamera . . . AND here it is. Rear roof contours and all! Not sure about how the performance might compare, but that would depend upon if the Buick gets the twin-turbo 3.6L V-6. At the time, I wondered WHY Buick might be chasing that Porsche, product-wise. Guess I need to check out that Porsche "sedan". Plus revisit the Chrysler Chronos concept car of the 1990s.

One blog poster likened the Avenir to Tesla-style styling. In another forum, the first post I read was from a person stating that the name was not what he liked, but should be "Roadmaster" as "that's what it is" (Master of the Roads). I think it would be better with a "heritage" name, though, possibly "Invicta"? Oh well . . .

Enjoy!

NTX5467

I think it would be better with a "heritage" name, though, possibly "Invicta"? Oh well . . .

Enjoy!

NTX5467

or Riviera... it has enough nice lines. I really like this car, hopefully it will go into production. But with a bit less busy interior, loose that rear console and some for the front.

I'll bet this car is more production-ready than we might suspect. I saw something a month or so ago that Buick was doing something similar to the Porsche Panamera . . . AND here it is. Rear roof contours and all! Not sure about how the performance might compare, but that would depend upon if the Buick gets the twin-turbo 3.6L V-6. At the time, I wondered WHY Buick might be chasing that Porsche, product-wise. Guess I need to check out that Porsche "sedan". Plus revisit the Chrysler Chronos concept car of the 1990s.

One blog poster likened the Avenir to Tesla-style styling. In another forum, the first post I read was from a person stating that the name was not what he liked, but should be "Roadmaster" as "that's what it is" (Master of the Roads). I think it would be better with a "heritage" name, though, possibly "Invicta"? Oh well . . .

Enjoy!

NTX5467

or Riviera... it has enough nice lines. I really like this car, hopefully it will go into production. But with a bit less busy interior, loose that rear console and some for the front.

If they'd make it a true two door coupe, the Riviera name would be great. Four seater personal luxury coupe with some performance and handling.

DING! DING! DING! Correct answer, according to the press release is #1. French Word for "future". But in consideration of them using the word "taught" in place of "taut" in the press release, to describe the "lines", perhaps they misspelled "avenue"?

Even if they might not produce it, at least we might have some neat pictures to print and hang on the wall. Even the "other" B-brand 2-dr model!

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]290552[/ATTACH]Don't know if this is a real possibility or not, but it is stunning in my opinion - looks really high end, not sure Caddy would sit still for Buick coming out with this one. http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/01/this-is-the-buick-avenir-concept/

I'm not sure if Caddy could come out with one like this.

In my view Buick still has the best designers in the GM barn.

Sharp car, I hope it makes it out of styling and onto the street.