Brake drums PB Plymouth

Guest 32stude

Can anyone help? Are the brake drums the same on the wooden spoke wheel as the wire wheel for the 1932 PB Plymouth?

thank you

VM

The wooden spoker has a center hub mount and the wire wheel drum has five lugs.

Guest 32stude

Thank you for your input.Most other cases where wooden wheels are concerned you are correct except on 1932 PB Plymouths. Both rear and front wheels are held on by 5 lugs on both the wire and wood wheels. In the parts book only one drum is listed for the PB. All other years there are different drums for each of the wire and wood wheels

Thank you for your input.Most other cases where wooden wheels are concerned you are correct except on 1932 PB Plymouths. Both rear and front wheels are held on by 5 lugs on both the wire and wood wheels. In the parts book only one drum is listed for the PB. All other years there are different drums for each of the wire and wood wheels

Ooops. I forgot that the '32 was different than the '31s.

Guest 32stude

I had a friend of mine send me some pictures of his pb wood wheel mounting . Seems the wood had lug bolts whereas the wire wheel has lug nuts.Might be that the hubs are different.

Guest 32stude

Discovered tha answer. All drums are the same for both wood wheels or wire. The problem is that the hubs are different. Hub and drum from wood wheel setup will not work with wire wheel. This goes for both front and rear. You can remove drum from either and interchange with your hub and matching type of wheel. Still looking for some good drums for my PB

vm