picture?

Guest jims41LC

Guest jims41LC

I am hoping someone could send me a picture or good rendering of the rear gravel guard that fits between the bumper and body of the 1940-41 Continental. I still can't seem to get an Authenticity Manual, and not even sure if it has a pic or the info anyway. Even the Original Body and Chassis Catalogues I have only list it , but no pic of it. Thanks folks!!

Edited by jims41LC (see edit history)

Guest jims41LC

Thank You in advance for that Joe.

What is wierd though, is that I keep looking at the Chassis Part Catalogue on page 306, where the stone deflectors are listed. The basic part number for the assembly is 17801 and only goes from 42-48, not 39-41. Part number 17808 is called a "cover assembly" for 39-40, and 41., but for 42 they do call it "deflector (rear stone)". But whatever it is and, if there was one on my LC, there isn't any evidence of it now. So that is why I need the info, and or the parts for it.

Oh and C. Douglas in Mooresville, I've been trying repeatedly , e-mails , phone call, even a check sent for 6 months to get the Manual, still no luck. Thanks for checking yours!

Edited by jims41LC
added comment (see edit history)

Don't have a '41 photo. Here is a '40 sedan. Would have to confirm in the manual- P/N if the sedans are the same-I think they are. The '40 has a narrower center and sharper notch in the center. The '41 is a little wider in the center I believe and more of a smooth notch in the center- not such a sharp V. They are different. Paul

post-45349-14314293133_thumb.jpg

Jim, there is NO listing or illustration in the LCOC (continental) restoration manual and the same for the Zephyr restoration manual. You should be able to get the Zephyr restoration from Earle Brown. As for the LCOC manual you might email John Talbourdet the president of LCOC and explain your problem. Email at "President@LCOC and explain your problem...he should help.

The 41 parts manual shows the "cover, bumper" part number as 16H 17808. I am assuming that the lack of an illustration is that many 39, 40 and 41 LC an LZ's lack the cover as they probably not replaced after a rear end accident. The crumpled remains were discarded as no replacements were available. Lots of 42 thru 48 covers are still available.

If you are trying to make one, I will be happy to remove the one on my 41 LZ and measure it for you.

Long time LZOC member Tam Akins used to make a fiberglass reproductions for the 41 cars. You might want to call him at 740 922 5738. He might have some left.

Hope this helps.

Guest HARRILL1

Jim, The weather is bad and I haven't taken a picture yet. I do have an old crappy one I'll sell for $50 plus shipping. I must say it will take a good body man to restore it. Also, It has been cut into two pieces for easier shipping. I'll try to get pictures of what I have. Joe

Guest jims41LC

Thank you all for the great tips. John ,I'll follow up with Mr.Akins and see if he still hasee a repro.If not,I am seriously thinking of taking Joe up on his offer, and see if I can restore, or reproduce the one he has.

Paul, I'm with you, no matter which model or year our Lincoln are definitely iconic.