Hood and Chain Drive Axle

captain overkill

I got these from my Grandpas garage who passed away Thirty years ago. I have a second hand background story. But, it doesn't all make sense. The only thing I can find close is Westfield Automobile Parts made by The C. J. Moore Mfg. Co. I read that some other company's used those components to build finished cars or you could buy a running gear from them. Does anyone have any ideas?

post-83631-143142928047_thumb.jpg

post-83631-143142928052_thumb.jpg

post-83631-143142928055_thumb.jpg

post-83631-143142928057_thumb.jpg

I assumed they were made before 1905. I had always heard stories how the Schauer Brothers built the first car in Budsin Wisconsin. I can remember Grandpa telling me that story many times. I don't remember him ever making reference to having parts of it. But, I was only ten years old when he passed. I don't remember if it was Grandma or Her cousin who was friends with Grandpa that told me those parts were from the Schauer Brothers car. I just assumed that was correct and never chased the story any further. Years later a newspaper article had a picture of the Schauers in the car they built in 1907. It is obvious the parts I have were not from this car. Or at least not in 1907. My Grandfather liked gas and steam stuff and he wasn't born until 1909. So how he acquired it or how it made it through the scrap drives is a mystery.