are these bumper extensions for late teens early twenties cars?

thehandleman

I am not so sure about Model T. It looks like the bumper would end up a long way in front of the car. It almost looks like they were intended to replace the front foot or so of the original frame. Could not have been very popular especially if you were expected to cut off part of your existing frame to use them. They do not look like they have ever been installed, the hole for the spring eye bolt looks undrilled.

Greg in Canada

I am not so sure about Model T. It looks like the bumper would end up a long way in front of the car. It almost looks like they were intended to replace the front foot or so of the original frame. Could not have been very popular especially if you were expected to cut off part of your existing frame to use them. They do not look like they have ever been installed, the hole for the spring eye bolt looks undrilled.

Greg in Canada

I do not believe that the frame of the car they go to would have to be cut to use these type of bumper brackets.

If they were installed on a frame such as a T then there would be no problem, but why make them in the shape of a conventional frame with front projection for the front spring eye bolt.{Parallel leaf springs} Part of the casting is intended to overlap the existing frame, but the forward 2/3 or so would interfear with anything forward of the front crossmember on a conventional frame.

Greg in Canada

Does this help? The top bracket looks to be the right side bracket that would slide onto the frame from the side. Then bolts would go through the hole to keep it there. One through the top and one up through the bottom. The brackets will clearly only fit a frame with square ends.

post-37352-143142928017_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)