1932 Chrysler battery tray

Guest Restorer Ray

Guest Restorer Ray

Help! Can someone tell me what the battery tray on a 1932 Chrysler 8 Sedan looks like? I have the "sling" but nothing else.

Hi Restorer Ray,

Is your Chrysler a CP-8? I have a Cp-8 sedan here in Zimbabwe and I can check my project car for you, however, I think I also only have a 'sling', which is a bit bent. Would you be able to post a photo of what you do have in place?

Regards

Fergus

Guest Restorer Ray

Hi Fergus, Thank you for the response. We have a straight 8 four door sedan. I will attempt to attach a picture for you of what I have left of the battery holder. Ours had been cut in half to fit in a longer battery, then riveted in a piece of stainless steel for a bottom. I would have thought buying the correct battery would have been much easier. The first photo is the original 'sling'. The second photo is of a temporary holder for fitting but basically where the battery goes. I think there are two rods missing that would run on either side of the battery and some sort of hold down across the top of the battery.Any info or photos are helpful. Ray

post-89466-143142933908_thumb.jpg

Hi Restorer Ray,

Is your Chrysler a CP-8? I have a Cp-8 sedan here in Zimbabwe and I can check my project car for you, however, I think I also only have a 'sling', which is a bit bent. Would you be able to post a photo of what you do have in place?

Regards

Fergus

post-89466-143142933906_thumb.jpg

Edited by Restorer Ray (see edit history)

Hi Ray,

Thank you for the photos and description. I haven't yet managed to check my one to compare but I promise to do so and send photos. I will reply via the Chrysler forum.

Regards

Fergus