Hupp Model 20 Floor

Guest 57...

I'm working on making a floor for hupp model 20. This car doesn't have one to use as a pattern. Here's what I'm working with:

post-102216-143142923379_thumb.jpg

Any photos of the inside floor area I could use as a reference would be very helpful and much appreciated.

This is a 1911. The guy who my Father bought it from in Iowa in the 1970's had half restored it-maybe didn't live to finish it? Not sure. Its sat untouched since and I'd like to get it back on the road. I feel like I should leave the plywood strip that runs the length of the body since I plan to paint it anyway but would like to see some pics of how the floor lays in there. The original wood that is left is very solid so I wonder why he chose to swap out some of it for plywood?

post-102216-143142923366_thumb.jpg

post-102216-14314292337_thumb.jpg

post-102216-143142923375_thumb.jpg

Edited by 57... (see edit history)

You should veneer over that plywood firewall. I use heat-activated veneer glue. My floor has linoleum covering with a brass edge. I'm not sure if that's the original design or not, but I can post photos & dimensions if you wish.

Phil

Thanks Phil some pics and dims of how it hits the edges would be really helpful.

I have a walnut firewall in the works now. I used this one as a pattern but will have to fine tune a few of the previous owners holes! I have enough wood left to do the floor and some trim pieces. The top strip on the firewall seems to be the original as it is thicker and solid walnut. I'll keep that.

post-102216-14314292383_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Phil some pics and dims of how it hits the edges would be really helpful.

I have a walnut firewall in the works now. I used this one as a pattern but will have to fine tune a few of the previous owners holes! I have enough wood left to do the floor and some trim pieces. The top strip on the firewall seems to be the original as it is thicker and solid walnut. I'll keep that.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]289793[/ATTACH]

Phil, I don't think you'll need to measure your floor for me. I surfed around the web and was lucky enough to find a few different shots of the interior and floor of a few different Model 20's. I think I see how it's supposed to lay in there.

My firewall is turning out well. I decided to replace the top strip too so the wood will match nice. I'll post some pics when its done.

BTW:

I'm still looking for a digi copy of the Breeze carb manual if there is one out there.

Thanks,

Ryan