Anyone looking to sell a 71 or 72 Riviera?

Guest DRM500RUBYZR1

Guest DRM500RUBYZR1

I received this email message last night.

I was advised that someone is looking for such a Riviera.

While I cannot validate it, it would appear to be genuine.

Don't know why they selected me, but here it is if anyone would like to respond.

I will forward the link to this post to the sender.

Contact me for the senders email address and I will PM it to you if you would like to respond.

( or if this is a known spam blast to us all kindly let me know, although I doubt that )

Good Luck!

Marty

Hi,

I am Stéphane. I live in Côte-d'Or in France. It is the capital of Burgundy. I would contact you to see if you know anyone or any member of your association sells the car.

Indeed, I am looking for a Buick Riviera 1971 or 1972 good working condition and wish to import in France.

If however, you have a member who sells his car, thank you for putting me in touch with that person or to forward my email to exchange.

I will ask you to excuse me for my English but I use the Google translation service to facilitate my request.

I remain at your disposal for any further information

Thanking you in advance and waiting to hear from you.

Best Regards.

Stephane

I received the same message yesterday. It went to my spam folder but just out of curiosity I opened it and was word for word what you received? I was blind copied so I'm not sure who else might have gotten it?

Just thought I would let you know,

Guest stef21

Hi,

It's me who sent an email about my research on a Buick Riviera.

I am a serious person and car enthusiast for information.

I wait your proposals

Best regards

Guest DRM500RUBYZR1

Welcome to the Forum!

Indeed you appeared to be, and are, genuine, an enthusiast, and a buyer!

Good Luck in your quest!

Marty

Guest stef21

Bonjour,

Quelqu'un qui parle français sur ce forum !!!!

Eh oui c'est bel et bien un acte terroriste. Ils sont toujours à la recherche de ces voyous. je joins l'image pour soutenir les familles endeuillées

You can insert image if you want !!!

A bientôt

post-105598-143142926114_thumb.jpg

Welcome and have you thought about maybe buying one from Canada? It will be cheaper due to currency rates. If you go on the website kijiji to Toronto Ontario area you will find a few for sale I believe. They can be shipped from Montreal Quebec by container ship.

Also check the Montreal area kijiji and AutoHebdo Quebec online. Good Luck or bonne adventure!

Hi, nobody sells his BUICK RIVIERA? :D

The number of Riviera owners who take part in this forum are just a very small percentage of the population who own Rivieras. To find the car your looking for, you'll really need to widen your search.

Did you look at the classifieds on the ROA's website? There are seven boat tails for sale on the public side, no telling how many more on the member's only side.

http://rivowners.org/classifieds/index.htm

Once an owner gets his car to the point he wants, he's very unlikely to want to sell it.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Hello Stephane,

I am wondering what you have done so far in getting your dreamcar. Have you already been looking in reality for one. And if you did why was a deal not possible. I know for me it took three years to finally having bought one..just 30 km from my home. Let us know how your hunt is developping.

• 3 weeks later...