55 Super paint code opinions needed

Guest tommyduncan

Guest tommyduncan

I have a 55 Super that is being stored in another state. I have a photo of the tag and the paint codes appear to be GKK. The only other thing they could be is CKK.

While looking online I have never seen one painted either of these combinations.

The first(and likely) combination would be Victoria blue metallic (dark blue)roof with a Stafford blue metallic (lightish blue) body.

The second combination would be Cameo beige roof (which is basically tan) with a light blue body.

Has anyone seen either of these combinations?

The car appears to be Stafford blue with a white roof (what little is left after sitting in the Arizona sun for who knows how long?).

The interior code is light/dark blue if that is any help?

Guest COMPACTBC

GKK IS THE MOST LIKELY, WHICH WOULD BE Victoria Blue Poly TOP and Stratford Blue BODY. The other combination would really look bad and would not be in harmony with your interion.

Guest tommyduncan
That car is gorgeous !
Yeah I don't mind the 3 tone at all but light blue w/dark top not so much. I might do the medium blue with a white top so it would be easy enough to go back to original.

Guest 53 Roady

Tommy, where was that picture taken? I see the alter ego of my pink Olds in the background. The paint codes offer continuing surprises. The 53 Roady is white over red. I knew they darkened the red... But checking, my code is 74 Majestic White period. So I guess our car was not 2 tone. The interior is 82 black nylon with red leather.

Pat

Guest tommyduncan
Tommy, where was that picture taken? I see the alter ego of my pink Olds in the background. The paint codes offer continuing surprises. The 53 Roady is white over red. I knew they darkened the red... But checking, my code is 74 Majestic White period. So I guess our car was not 2 tone. The interior is 82 black nylon with red leather.

Pat

I don't know anything about that pic. I borrowed it from the Buick gallery that is on this site.

It was one of the few I could find with those colors.

Guest tommyduncan

I think it is a "G" also...

I only mentioned "C" because that is the only other letter it could possibly be. My wife hates the Tarheels(Duke fan) so light blue is probably not gonna happen.

This car is now on hold because the previous owner lost the title that is in his deceased grandfathers name in another state.

I guess I will get back to my 63 Nova convertible project until this plays out...

• 6 months later...
Guest tommyduncan

Starting on this project soon! 

I got a title, a few other chores done, and it is about time to get started on this car. A good part of my spare time has been spent researching the obvious things this car will need soon (carb rebuild, fuel pump rebuild, power steering, brakes).

I've been buying and stashing new lenses, a couple fuel pumps (that need rebuilt), brake parts, and a spare dynaflow that works and was recently pulled.

That brings me to my first (of probably many) questions...

My spare trans is out of a 55' Century. If I need to use it how hard is it to convert it to the longer style tailshaft since I already have all the parts from the one currently in it?

The easiest for you is to measure the Super Dynaflow and compare the different measuring on your Century(Special)Dynaflow.After that you can tell us were the the differans was,just  becuse there are 2 different lenght of Dynaflow this and ealier year.1956 was the first yer with the same length of Dynaflow(and fitted all 4 models).

Leif in Sweden.