For Sale-1929 desoto pick up truck needs restored-Not Mine

countrytravler

Strange conglomeration there. I'd say, sell the body and look for a DeSoto roadster body to refit.
. Could it be possible that a Dodge body was badged as a DeSoto when used as a truck? I guess quite a bit of that sort of thing went on way back then. Even in the fifties, the '57 DeSoto Firesweep was built on the Dodge assembly line,(front fenders were interchangeable) whereas the Firedome, Fireflight, and Adventurer were built on the Chrysler assembly line. Perhaps there's a body ID tag that would yield more information . I dunno, I'm just wonderin'.

. Could it be possible that a Dodge body was badged as a DeSoto when used as a truck? I guess quite a bit of that sort of thing went on way back then. Even in the fifties, the '57 DeSoto Firesweep was built on the Dodge assembly line,(front fenders were interchangeable) whereas the Firedome, Fireflight, and Adventurer were built on the Chrysler assembly line. Perhaps there's a body ID tag that would yield more information . I dunno, I'm just wonderin'.

Nope. Clearly, the chassis and fenders are 1929 DeSoto and the body was replaced with an earlier Dodge Brothers body. There were no American made DeSoto pickups.

I agree with Kieser31. It is definitely a mix of parts. The chassis, motor and fenders look to be 1929 DeSoto. The wide radiator shell indicates it might have been a truck version of the 1929 DeSoto-Fargo Clipper, although the Fargo clipper used the Chrysler "65" engine in 1929. That could possibly make it an early 1930 Clipper. The rear fenders look like they are designed to bolt to a sedan body. What is advertised is definitely not a 1929 DeSoto truck!