Your Location, hogs and baling wire

MrEarl

ha, thought that would get your attention....

Received a PM from someone asking :

"OK Lamar: How about MAKING members put their location...or at least approximate location by their handle. If I am considering doing commerce with someone and I don't know where they are I just have a hard time relating to the post in terms of logistics. Also, location many times has a bearing on how people relate to the area of the country as far as climate, attitudes and a host of other things."

I agree, he has a good point and I've made that suggestion several times in the past. I replied to him that I wasn't sure if I could MAKE y'all do ANYTHING but would try. SO..... if you do not add your location to your profile so that it shows up to the left under your avatar, I will hang you by your fingernails with baling wire and let the hogs nibble on your toes.

So I think it would be much less painful if you simply go to the top of the page, click on Settings then in the left hand column go down and click Edit Profile and toward the bottom center of the page add your Location to whatever extent you would like it known or feel secure with. And don't forget to click Save Changes before exiting.

Let's see where did I put that baling wire..... Woooooooooo, Pig ! Sooie!

go to the top of the page, click on Settings then in the left hand column go down and click Edit Profile and toward the bottom center of the page add your Location to whatever extent you would like it known or feel secure with. And don't forget to click Save Changes before exiting.

let me know if you have any problems....

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

I agree, always nice to know what part of the USA or the world on this site you are dealing with when buying/selling.

And for those who don't comply, in addition to the harsh treatment to be administered by Mr Earl MAY YOUR CHOOKS TURN INTO EMUS AND KICK DOWN YOUR DUNNY!!

Lamar, what page are you talking about here? You have got to keep in mind that you are dealing with folk out here who not the most computer literate. Please do not hold this against me, but, I went to school in Kansas. Give a click by click instruction here and I will get this done for ya.

Terry Wiegand

Guest my3buicks

I feel the same about having a name associated with a post - nothing worse that being call an ###hole and not having a clue who it is doing it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/hungry-hogs-eat-oregon-farmer-article-1.1172448

​OCT 2012

A family member of an Oregon pig farmer discovered his relative's body parts scattered across the pen — a gruesome find leaving authorities to believe it was a case of hog eats human.

A pathologist couldn’t immediately determine whether the pigs were the actual cause of 70-year-old Terry Garner’s death, but a forensic expert at the University of Oregon will conduct further tests, CBS affiliate KCBY reportedMonday.

“What a way,” someone who answered the phone at Garner’s home told NBC News.

Investigators aren’t ruling out the possibility another person could have been involved.

“Due to the unusual circumstances, the Sheriff’s Office is investigating to determine if foul play may have resulted in the death of Mr. Garner,” District Attorney Paul Frasier told KCBY.

Garner was at his farm near rural Riverton last Wednesday, when a family member went looking for him, according to The Register-Guard.

Garner’s dentures were first spotted inside the hog enclosure, and then other random body parts were located — although most of him had already been devoured, the newspaper added.

The Coos County Sheriff’s Office has a couple of theories on what occurred: Garner could have suffered a medical emergency, such as a heart attack, leaving him in “a position where the hogs could consume him,” according to a statement.

In another scenario, the swine — weighing about 700 pounds each — may have knocked Garner down, overwhelming him before killing him, authorities said.

It’s unclear exactly how many pigs live on the farm, but police believe one of them had been aggressive toward Garner before.

Pigs are omnivorous, and have previously been known to feast on people.

The 56-year-old wife of a pig farmer in Romania was knocked unconscious and eaten in the animals’ sty, UPI reported in 2004.

Her ears, half her face and fingers had been ripped off, a doctor said.

eortiz@nydailynews.com

I likes Pulled Pork Best. And yes, this old Farmboy knows first hand how mean Hogs can be. Biggest old Boar Hog run though the local Auction Barn weighed 1,010 LBS. That's a lot of Sausage. :P Dandy Dave!

Hogs are known to be very vicious and aggressive.
And delicious!

Indeed!!!!

post-31987-143142940715_thumb.jpg

I would like ...burrrp... to thank everybody for complying with my request ...burrrrp... and adding your locations to your pr....pro..profile. It appears a little friendly persuasion goes a long way.

I feel the same about having a name associated with a post - nothing worse that being call an ###hole and not having a clue who it is doing it.

Now as Keith suggested, if everybody would add your real name so he could put a name to who is calling him an ****** then we would be all set. Don't make me get out the honey and fire ants.

post-31987-14314294072_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143142940721_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

Soon as I can get out of New York State. With the Over taxation, Zoning, and Business unfriendly BS here they would most likely run me out of town before I could get my Shingle Hung... All the Building inspectors here say you can run any kind of business you want as long as you are hidden. I'm so sorry to inform them, but that is not the American Way. Coming to a business friendly area near you soon. Dandy Dave!

So Ben, I take it then that unlike Austin, Wichita Falls is not full already? DD you are welcome to come down to the "Empire State" of the south and set up business. In fact I have 3 acres of Buick Gardens I'll sell you.

Nah, and the yuppies are all down there. Pretty redneck here.:cool:

Ben

• 1 month later...