Buicks on Water Street August 15, 2015 FLINT, MI

Guest marchi1

Guest marchi1

As part of our continued effort to reinforce the Buick heritage, the Buicktown Chapter, in concert with the Back to the Bricks Organization, is bringing you , what we hope to be, a yearly event: "Buicks on Water Street". This event is going to be held the same day as the Back to the Brick event in Downtown Flint, Michigan (long held as the birthplace of Buick), August 15, 2015 this year.

This event will be held in front of the Durant-Dort Building and Factory One (the birthplace of Buick).

As we are a subset of Back to the Bricks they have already been working with the Flint Visitors Bureau and have information on Lodging in the area:

http://www.backtothebricks.org/lodging/index.htm

We are on the far north end of the event with our own gate and an easy in and easy out entrance (detailed map to come as we get closer).

This is a week long affair for Back to the Bricks, but our show is only one day (Saturday morning) please look here for the additional events:

http://www.backtothebricks.org/schedule/index.htm

As always we have made a Facebook page as well. this will show the latest in upcoming event, as well as a place to show pictures of this year as well as previous events.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Buicks-On-Water-Street/1393595804273606?ref=br_tf

If you have any questions, please contact the "Buicks on Water Street" committee that is a part of the Buicktown Chapter. Contacts are:

Roger Tyyska

David Bloch

David Langdon

(Contact info to come soon, but most can be found on the new event page: www.316waterstreet.org

Edited by marchi1 (see edit history)

Assume you are speaking of the "calendar" on the BCA Website? Have you submitted it to the Bugle via Pete Phillips. If so I am thinking they forward those on to the BCA Webmaster for inclusion in the BCA Site calendar.... I think...

Clicked on the Buicktown facebook link and enjoyed viewing it for a while. But it kept timing out and telling me I need to log in to FB in order to view. Since I am not on FB, I just kept refreshing the page and reading. Lots of interesting Buick stuff, y'all are VERY active. Especially enjoyed the story of Bob Seger's apology re his "Detroit Made"/Deuce and a quata booboo.

I'd like to invite you to share more of the Buicktown's happenings and Buick related articles etc. here. In other words, don't be a stranger. :D

edit) Also checked out the Water Street FB page. Really like the rake on this fitty fibe, would love to know who owns it. Anybody know?

post-31987-143142926157_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

The '55 was brought to Flint last year by General Motors, it's one of the Heritage Center cars. By the way, the Back to the Bricks event is sponsored by Buick, check out the link in my sig. A new webpage is in the works, for that too.

Oh and there will be an article about Buicks on Water Street in an upcoming Bugle, as well as adding it to the calendar.

Guest shadetree77
...POS five too ...

POS huh? That "POS" runs like a top and has provided me with MANY miles of smooth riding enjoyment, I'll have you know Mr. Smith. Say, when did you loan your POS to the Buick Gallery? ;):)

P.S. Don't mess with a Microsoft Paint master. :P

P.S.S. To show you what a nice guy I am despite of your comment, here's your sign.

post-75106-143142927584_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143142927623_thumb.jpg

Edited by shadetree77 (see edit history)

Got your attention didn't I?

Actually I like YOUR FIVE TOO, as a kid we have one tooooooooo!

POS is often a way of saying I LIKE YOUR PIECE.

That Limited has been at Sloan a long time, when are going to get going and restore it?

Trust all is well with you and the bride.

OH, thanks for showing the sign.

I see you photo shopped my hood ornament and lic plate onto that Sloan Limited, nice work.

Dale in Indy

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77

Lol, yep. Just a little fun amongst friends. Actually, there's a sign right below that Limited explaining that it would take a LOT more money to restore it than it's worth. Points out that you could buy one restored for much cheaper than it would cost to restore that one. We are doing fine. Trying to stay warm. You're welcome on the sign. Also removed a fog light on the bumper and don't forget the wheels too!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shadetree77

I'll be there again with my '52 if everything works out. I was wondering if you have made up a flyer for the event? I would like to be able to hand out flyers to all of the Buicks I see at shows when the season starts. I think that would bring in a lot more cars.

• 4 months later...