Humbers, any out there?

Anyone out there with a Humber? I'm working on a 1964 Humber Super Snipe that I acquired form the original buyer about 18 months ago; its in amazing original condition with less than 59,000 miles on the clock. Hemi, auto, PS,PB and a 20 year old repaint. Be interesting to know who/what's out there.

Bill

My dad always joked about getting one, because the name is so intriguing. Are they all RHD?

Nope, Mine was sold by Rootes Motors, Park Avenue, NY; it's left hand drive, ,Borg Warner T-35 Automatic, power steering, Power Brakes, 3000 cc Hemi, Same family as Hillman and Sunbeam, and was about $4600.00 FOB, NY in 1964. A real Anglophile car, the company started with bikes, motorcycles, etc. in the late 1800's and lasted through the late 1970's.

Pretty much the only parts in mine that aren't original are tires, hoses, belts, radio, brake shoes and pads, and other service items; I even had the original calipers and brake servo rebuilt. When I finally get the carburation straightened out it will be visiting the local shows and the auto museum I work at during the season. (www.sealcoveautomuseum.org)

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

I was at a car show today here in Sarasota, Florida, and one of the Suncoast British Car Club members brought his big 60's Humber with him. If you'd like, I can get his name and contact information. My wife is on the board of the seal cove auto museum. We live in Castine in the summer.

Thanks for the response; any large 60's Humber would be pretty similar to mine except, possibly, for the quad headlights and some trim and mechanical differences. I'm guessing that we've met, or at least that I've met your wife. I'd appreciate any contact information relative to any 60's Humbers. Please feel free to respond to my e-mail at the museum. bill@sealcoveautomuseum.org.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it has taken me a week to get back to you. I don't check this section very often. You can see some pictures of the Humber in the events section and the member gallery section of the Suncoast British Car Club website. I'll be having lunch with the president of the club today, and Ill Get the contact information for the fellow who owns the car.