A/C problem stays in bi level postion

waltmail

'89 just developed a problem. No A/C blow through dash front vents. Doesn't matter what I select, it stays Bi Level, foot level and defrost vents. Just for skeet and giggles while I am in there, I have not had heat for a long time. May be the same source to problem. Any ideas?

That is usually an indication that you are not getting vacuum to the valves that change the level. Start in the engine compartment ....a vacuum line runs from the intake straight back toward the firewall. It "T's" at the firewall and one line goes toward the passenger side and the other goes to the cruise. I suspect that your cruise does not work also.

That is usually an indication that you are not getting vacuum to the valves that change the level. Start in the engine compartment ....a vacuum line runs from the intake straight back toward the firewall. It "T's" at the firewall and one line goes toward the passenger side and the other goes to the cruise. I suspect that your cruise does not work also.

Sounds like a good starting point, I will give feedback as soon as I check it tomorrow.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ensign83

i just broke my vacuum line changing out the heater fan motor, and cannot find the firewall end of the line.

Did you get yours repaired?

Where is the line that goes into the firewall? Inside the wiring harness?

tks