1952 Packard Horn button

Guest Model T Nick

Guest Model T Nick

Hi: Can any body tell me me how to reassenble the horn button on a 1952 Packard 200? Please contact me on or off line two 5 two 8 two 3 six 5 8 0

Not sure exactly what info you need but here is an illustration from parts manual showing the assy sequence. The large washer like items associated with screws between the spring and metal and between the two metal pieces in center of illustration are insulating washers.

If for the plastic emblem removal or install, with your palm push emblem down slightly against the rubber cushion and rotate a small amount so the plastic locking tabs on button line up with openings in ring -- takes maybe a 25-30 degree turn. CCW rotation to remove and CW rotation after the tabs are in the slots to lock emblem in place after install. The rubber cushion may have deteriorated so it could act like the assy is glued in place. Hopefully the paper between rubber cushion and plastic is still there otherwise the paint on back of emblem will most likely be pulled off.

post-43944-143142922061_thumb.jpg

Guest Model T Nick

Thanks HH56: The picture is a great help. We were trying to use the big rubber piece as the insulator not the washers. I think we got it now. Thanks again. Nick