Charlotte Meet Registration Update!!!!

Both car and judges registrations are available for

April 9-12 - AACA Southeastern Spring Meet • Charlotte, NC • hosted by Hornets Nest Region

on the National website.

At this point the brochure is not yet available on the National site. Mel Carson has already talked with the National office, and they will have the brochure online soon. Maybe today.

Please note two things to help Mel and I do our jobs:

Registration deadline is March 2nd.

If you are judging/showing/or both and want a parking space, you need to mail or email a request for parking in the Red field to the Hornets Nest Region office (as it says on the registration information).

Don't forget the Charlotte Autofair is also going on at the same time, and we sent you tickets when you register. So come on Thursday and enjoy the show!

Edited by R W Burgess (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I know I've said it before, but I'll repeat it again. You will have to go a long way to find a meet that is more relaxing, more fun, with more to do than Charlotte. You won't find a nicer bunch of people anywhere that goes out of their way to make you comfortable. You get tickets to the auto fair as part of your entry, there are low priced hotels within a reasonable distance, a wide variety of reasonably priced food all around the area, you name it!!! Whether you are a seasoned AACA veteran or a first timer...I recommend this show highly. If you have any questions that you don't want to ask here, feel free to contact me off board....but don't expect anything negative....I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

DaveA, I told Mel Carson you are our best promoter! Come by and see me at the show field tent. I'd like to meet you.

Embassy Suites reservations says they still have a few AACA rate rooms available but for Friday and Saturday only. Still plenty of hotels with rooms available near the Speedway and Concord areas.

Yes, Thursday through Sunday. The swap meet fills the infield and takes up 2 large parking lots to the rear. The car corral occupies the paved Speedway; and the AACA car show spreads out behind the turn 2 grandstands. It's not quite a expansive as Hershey, but its getting there. Those of us who live where winter means cold appreciate the early warm up that Charlotte provides. The Hornets Nest Region does a great job every year and you won't find a nicer group.

That's right. I would add that if you are going to judge or show we will send you a ticket for the Autofair. And if you email us as it says on the sign up, we will send you a parking pass in the Red field next to the show. Otherwise, you have to pay the Speedway for both.

That explains why the meet is outside the Speedway, since AACA does not charge the public to see the cars.

As of yesterday there were still rooms available at the host hotel (contrary to what was said above), but there are plenty of hotels and camping near the Speedway.

Look under Meets in the AACA website. There is a brochure that explains the details.

Also there is plenty on the web about Autofair if you search "Charlotte Autofair".

Wear good walking shoes. And if you are looking for parts, bring a wagon or something. We do run some parts shuttles, but the event draws a huge crowd, and you may have to wait on a shuttle.

Thursday is the best day to look for parts.

Stop by the show field tent. I'd like to meet you.

Thanks for the information. I'm coming for the swap meet as I'm not into showing cars. My plan is to go down on Wednesday, browse the swap meet until Saturday, take in the show, then head home. For the past 20 years or so I have attended the Chickasha swap meet but I'm ready for a change. Zeke

DaveA, I told Mel Carson you are our best promoter! Come by and see me at the show field tent. I'd like to meet you.

I will surely try to remember to do so. If I don't forget(I suffer from CRS..Can't remember S...) If I don't find you, look for me in Class 04-b. Got a Crosley Roadster and a Crosley pickup!! Are you by any chance coming to Philadelphia??

Edited by DAVE A (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It was a great meet! Great cars, perfect weather, great picnic dinner! Super job by Hornets Nest, Philip Cole, and all involved!!