Set of pistons for early CD8 or for DG8

I'm posting this in all 3 forums. Need a set of 8 pistons for a '31 DG8 block, similar to early CD8 block. I am restoring a '31 CD8 Roadster and have bought an otherwise good DG engine, missing pistons/pins/locks/rings. Let me know please if you have some or know someone who does. even a partial set might be useful, sometimes 1 or 2 of a set have been damaged.

I'm posting this in all 3 forums. Need a set of 8 pistons for a '31 DG8 block, similar to early CD8 block. I am restoring a '31 CD8 Roadster and have bought an otherwise good DG engine, missing pistons/pins/locks/rings. Let me know please if you have some or know someone who does. even a partial set might be useful, sometimes 1 or 2 of a set have been damaged.

Try calling EGGE Auto @ 800-866-3443

I bought mine from them for a 1930 Chrysler 218.6 engine

I checked the Egge catalogue couple days ago, and they don't list what I am looking for, but do list almost all the other Chrysler/Dodge pistons from that period. I understand the 3" dia straight 8 cylinder mopar blocks were produced in small numbers, suspect Egge does not see a big demand for them. They make the 3.125 and 3.250 pistons. Anyway, I sent them an email about it yesterday, waiting to hear back. I may call them tomorrow and see what they have to offer or suggest.

Thanks for that lead. Had an engine rebuilder by yesterday, figures circa $5,000-$7,000 to redo this one (inlcuding redoing crank and a line bore etc). Indicated oversized pistons and rings would cost about $1000-$1500. I am going to take a pause on this engine, am waiting for a second quote/opinion from another guy. Meanwhile, restoration of body & chassis continues.

Check with the contact lead, I think the (29 chev) aluminum pistons, rings, and cam grinding all six pistons was $250. If you are lucky he may have a set for your Chrysler on the shelf. You might also check with Portland Engine Builders in Portland OR. A couple of years ago they had a early Chrysler 8 marine engine they were rebuilding. We were in there on one of our garage night tours. Looked almost identical to our 28 model 72 six cylinder coupe engine except of course longer. For marine applications the engine is reversed meaning the trans and prop are off of the front of the engine instead of the normal bell housing end. Still had the updraft carb and a wet pack exhaust manifold. Looked cool sitting there on the floor - powerful.

Edited by art s (see edit history)

I spoke to Egge and they can make a set of 60 thou oversize aluminum pistons for the engine, and complete with rings and wrist pins, cost is circa $US1500. With Canadian exchange rate currently at about 20% and 15% for local taxes, I figure cost would run to about $2200 incl shipping, or about Can$275 per piston. Any better offers out there!! For restoration of an ordinary car this would be a walk away price, but a CD8Roadster is hard to pass up doing it right.