• 2 weeks later...
Offers are for Ebay.

Thanks, but never been much of a gambler, and just consider all auctions a gamble at best, or good place to get rid of stuff you don't want or car about. More interested in trades anyhow...

But for a ballpark, the equivalent quality coat today costs Ten Grand, and that is without any Celebrity Connection. It would take that minimum in trade to even wet my taste buds.

Thanks for the interest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, SmithBrother, But let me save others time and money in regard to eBay. A few yars ago I sold a Kubelwagen. I did list her on eBay with a 20K reserve, cost a $100 just to list. Bids were insultingly low. Sold her about three weeks later elsewhere, and didn't get beat up on price. eBay, and other Auctions are for instant sales, often ridiculously low, and seldomly ridiculously high; patients is the far better formula.

And for those that want this Coat cheep, simply find me an old pile of rust that I like, and make a trade. I don't care what you pay for something, just how much I like it.

• 1 month later...

This is one of those items that have little intrinsic value but might be worth something to the right person. Around here the Goodwill stores and second hand consignment shops are filled with "grand ma's fur coats" for literally pennies on the dollar. My wife has a closet full. I even have a full length raccoon coat........Bob

No Argument, We have a good few Firs on the rack ourselves, but mostly as you say, the cheep ones. There is a difference in quality. I'm sure you can remember the Fir Stores, when they were popular. There were the Firs that sold for a few hundred, and there were the Firs that sold for thousands. This is a Designer Fir, made specifically for Eva. Quality Clothes as used do raise the price moderately, Celebrity Clothes... Michael Jackson's Coat sold for 1.8 Million, and Eva had a lot more class than MJ could ever dream of.

• 3 weeks later...
No Argument, We have a good few Firs on the rack ourselves, but mostly as you say, the cheep ones. There is a difference in quality. I'm sure you can remember the Fir Stores, when they were popular. There were the Firs that sold for a few hundred, and there were the Firs that sold for thousands. This is a Designer Fir, made specifically for Eva. Quality Clothes as used do raise the price moderately, Celebrity Clothes... Michael Jackson's Coat sold for 1.8 Million, and Eva had a lot more class than MJ could ever dream of.

Firs are trees. Animals have fur

We have among our props one Eva Gabor's coats, said to be her favorite, Lamb and Mink, in black. Open to offers, or trades.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]289420[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]289421[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]289423[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]289424[/ATTACH]

Who's Eva Gabor?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Howdy, just offering an unsolicited opinion, worth about what you are paying for it...

Our family enjoys and collects movie props and memorabilia, have lots of connections with Hollywood from my work there in the past so we buy direct from those who worked on productions, crew, prop masters, or like you did, from some "celebrities" themselves we have come to know as friends. I will say, when we buy or sell, it has become clear that provenance is key if you expect to get a fair amount for your item. Personally, I know we wouldn't consider an item like this without requisite proof, not that your friend is lying but they could have remembered wrong, or made an assumption due to the monogram, etc. It's probably just a simple as a signed statement from your friend declaring it's origin, history, and how procured. We own random movie and historical collectibles ranging from a very realistic plastic chocolate bar prop used in the Willy Wonka movie to a celluloid pill box Hitler gave to Eva Braun well before WWII began. 

I think this is cool, love Eva Gabor largely due to my childhood infatuation w/ Green Acres, so wish you the very best with your sale. I did get a kick out of your statement that you don't care about value, you want something you like. I do this VERY often and am rarely disappointed even tho most of my friends think I'm crazy for dealing in this way. Sure some things you need to buy or pay at or near actual market value, but if it's something you're keeping for yourself, long term or forever, simply for the pleasure of it, what does it matter? Never heard anyone else articulate it like you have, glad I'm not alone!

No, not in hand, but, I'm sure, producible. The Hollywood Personality I got this Coat from is too good of a friend to doubt. To produce such would cost extra though.