More 39 Zephyr progress

Ken/Alabama

Flatcat, Are your floor pans new? If not they sure look good. If new, did you get them from Paul Bradley over in N.C.? I and Vernsmith have ordered pans from him but he will not ship. I ordered and PAID in August of last year but no pans. If you ordered them from Mr. Bradley how long did it take to get them? Thanks

Flatcat, Are your floor pans new? If not they sure look good. If new, did you get them from Paul Bradley over in N.C.? I and Vernsmith have ordered pans from him but he will not ship. I ordered and PAID in August of last year but no pans. If you ordered them from Mr. Bradley how long did it take to get them? Thanks

Yes I did get them from Paul. When I bought them he had them in stock. Took about 3 days to get them.

Guest 39 Pickup

Wow! Never saw an engine being installed with the hood on before with an engine crane. I've seen pictures of V 12s being installed at the factory this way but not in the field. I would have bet the ranch that it couldn't be done. Love the dealership engine stand! What brand is it?

Lots of folks say it cant be done but Ive done 3 V12s now in 3 different 39 Zephyrs and a few times with a V8 in a 40 Ford without removing the hood. The engine stand is a KR WILSON. Came out of the Ford Dealership in Birmingham Ala. I have a couple of them and they are the ticket when working on these old engines.

Guest toyopet
Got the V12 in the Zephyr. When I got the car it had a flathead V8 in it. Made me wonder how many years its been since this car has had a V12 . Heads are at machine shop for resurfacing, should get them on next week.

Good choice you are installing a later V12 1946 to1948 much better water passages and better water flow.

Frenchy

Guest 39 Pickup

Take play dough or tin foil and place it above a piston. Bolt head in place with a head gasket. Turn engine over at least 2 revolutions and and open it up and measure the play dough or tinfoil. The minimum should be about .050