Pontiac Bumper Jack

thetrifivepreserver

This is a Reverse Thread. I'm looking for a picture of a bumper jack for a 55 pontiac. Mine is missing and would like one but don't know what I'm looking for when I go to swap meets. If any 55 Pontiac owners would be kind enough to send me a couple of pictures of theirs it would be greatly appreciated, bdeane5527@windstream.net Thanks Bruce

I have found that the hook is the unique part, the base tire iron, and stand, were shared by all the GM makes over a period of a few years. There are different design stands used within the same years of production also, different vendors meeting the same spec's that's all. I remember years ago that the 55-7 chevys jack was almost identical as the 67-69 Camaro. I have a good feeling that you jack except for the hook is the same as a 55-57 Chevy. I hope I was of help

Guest prs519

I have an excellent tri-pod type bumper jack, which someone selling on Ebay called a 1955 Pontiac item. I do not think

OEM from that era were ever tri-pods, bean counters being bean counters! It is (was) bright orange and works excellently, even on a Lincoln Town Car!

To my limited knowledge tri-pod jacks were never an OEM item. They were an after market product. Their selling point was saftey. The 2 legs on the ground were far less likely to tip or fall over. That is not say it was impossible, but it was far less probable.

• 4 weeks later...

The link to the ebay auction looks like the right setup.... I have a reference photo showing same. Someone would have to confirm it with the Pontiac experts.

As to tripods... GM had one in the late 50's that is very rare. As to bi-pods ( 2 legs that fold flat ) a 1956 Lincoln Mark II owner will pay good for one of those hard to find babies.