1967 Buick Electra 225

Guest WideLowdElectra

Guest WideLowdElectra

Hello all! My name is Jason and I have a 67 Electra 225. Its bagged on all four corners, and the rear door handles are shaved. It did not have a drivetrain when i bought it, but I have a 350 bored .40 over with some extra work done to it. There are very few parts that I need for it, and most of the body work is already done, but I do need to find a Dash pad, Gas Tank, and possibly a trans tunnel. I have not had any luck finding said parts so if anyone has any leads they'd be greatly appreciated!! I intend to build her into just a mean looking cruiser, with flat black body from the base of the pillars down and the roof down will be a dark, heavy metallic purple. I have the full interior minus the dash pad and carpet. post-105520-143142917817_thumb.jpg

The last pic is of all my toys The Buick on the left, 1970 El Camino in the middle and my daily driven 01 S10 De-Xtreme

post-105520-143142917802_thumb.jpg

post-105520-143142917807_thumb.jpg

post-105520-143142917811_thumb.jpg

There are not many parts being reproduced for this car unfortunately. The dashpad will be the same for any 67 Electra, Wildcat or LeSabre, so your best bet would be to find one on a parts car. Likewise, the trans tunnel won't be available either, but should be the same on Wildcat and Electra. I'm not sure if the LeSabre trans tunnel would be the same as the base engine tranny would be smaller than Wildcat/Electra. As for the gas tank, you might check places like Tanks Inc. They don't list a tank for 67 Buick full size, but another Chevy or Cadillac tank may work, you'd have to check with them.

When I replaced my cracked dash pad, I found a 67 LeSabre parts car and was able to get a nice pad and many other parts for my car, including a replacement grille/bumper etc, but you'd have to watch the dimensions as the LeSabre is quite a bit shorter than the Electra so the hood and fenders are shorter.

Good luck!

BTW: Are you sure that 350 is going to be enough engine for your car? I'm sure you know the stock motor was a 430 putting out about 470 lbs/ft of torque. The stock rear end will be 2.78 gearing, so you'll want to make sure your engine and tranny combo and get the beast rolling.

Edited by dmfconsult (see edit history)