Who on this forum is going to the Buick Club of America nationals in Springfield Missouri?

Seafoam65

Just wondering if anyone on the forum is going to Springfield , Missouri

for the BCA nats June 10-13 2015? I just sent off my registration today.

The host hotel is booked up but I got a room at the LaQuinta a couple

of hundred yards from the host hotel for less than the special convention

rate at the Ramada.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

Winston, there are several people from the KC area (BCA Club - Riviera and/or Buick GS Owners for the most part) including my wife and I that will be attending. Some are staying at the Ramada and there are a few at the Hampton just up the street, including us. Our rate was about the same as the Ramada. It is only a 2.5-3 hour drive for us.

A few weeks later we will be off to St. Charles, IL for the ROA Meet.

Rock On

gord

• 2 weeks later...

My wife Rita and I will be there. There are still rooms available at the Best Western Plus Coach House Inn, just across Glenstone Ave from the Ramada Oasis, the host hotel. Double queens for $79

http://www.reservation-desk.com/hotel/176322/best-western-plus-coach-house-inn/photos/?CID=PPC_google_B-Hotel%20Chain%20B_43001264757_%20best%20%20western%20%20coach%20%20house%20%20inn_b&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=%20best%20%20western%20%20coach%20%20house%20%20inn&utm_content=43001264757&utm_campaign=Hotel%20Chain%20B&mkwid=sMqCXzi0n_dc&pcrid=43001264757&gclid=CjwKEAiAxNilBRD88r2azcqB2zsSJABy2B967IbEfWWa0GPjvBrnG2zmSENsdd8sshVvAsiNsa_BNRoC9y3w_wcB&muid=2E053F78-20A6-4B41-8EE2-1C8D91F452CE

Sure hope there is a good showing of Riviera's and that someone offers my wife and I a ride. She use to love my 93 and "the way it hugs the road".

Lamar,

I'll drive my '93 down and leave it with Rita; I can hitch hike home. Just make sure you bring your check book. If you'll give me Rita's email address, I'll mail her some pictures of it and the awards it's won.

Ed - Here's a preview you can show her.

post-50017-143142934631_thumb.jpg

Or if she'd rather, I'll drive the '90 down and leave it with her. Your check book won't need to be as fat. The '90 is just as nice plus it has the sun roof. I'm just not into it as deep as I am the '93.

post-50017-143142934634_thumb.jpg

PS- Are non BCA members allowed on the grounds to look around? Springfield is a day trip from my place.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Just wondering if anyone on the forum is going to Springfield , Missouri for the BCA nats June 10-13 2015?

Winston, Are you asking for info on all forum members or trying to find out how many Riviera guys are going?

Lamar almost has me talked into it. (As long as I don't get bounced home.) For us it would be a day trip. Just need to know the best day (or two.)

Ed

Winston, Are you asking for info on all forum members or trying to find out how many Riviera guys are going?

Lamar almost has me talked into it. (As long as I don't get bounced home.) For us it would be a day trip. Just need to know the best day (or two.)

Ed

Ed, I was referring to those who post on the Riviera forum, which also includes folks

like Lamar, who checks in with us all the time. I'm with Lamar.......we need you in attendance, so

make your hotel reservation now!

• 1 month later...

Lamar,

I think I'll be making a day trip out of it anyway. I've not yet written a check to the BCA to renew my membership so I'll probably just be going as an observer. I really appreciate the efforts you made to get my original number reinstated for me. However, I'm having a difficult time getting it through my head that the $5,000 scholarship is a frugal use of club funds. That means that me and ninety-nine other guys' dues are not going into anything that are good for the masses. We're just supporting one individual. I'd rather spend that $50 on my grandson. I also know of other ROA members in the BCA who have contacted the BCA office to end their memberships in the BCA. Hard to believe that your board would do something like that. :confused:

Ed

This is not unprecedented. The Pontiac Oakland Club has had a scholarship program for

about twenty years.....never heard of any complaints about it. The cost of the POCI program figures

out to about 50 cents a member......about the cost of a cup of coffee. I would assume the Buick program is about the same cost per member. In POCI 's case, the interest on the savings accounts

the club funds are in pretty much pays for the program. I too wonder why a car club would get involved in a scholarship program, but it doesn't bother me one way or the other.

• 1 month later...

This is going to the Nationals.

16840135576_58ccf9acd7_o.jpg

This slide was taken by an amateur photographer. It is a very rare Kodachrome of the very rare Buick Wildcat I. It has never been published to my knowledge and to the knowledge of some whose thoughts I solicited.

It was taken at the Illinois State Fairgrounds in Springfield in 1953.

I was extremely fortunate to have been able to obtain it.

I will be posting in other Buick Threads so as many Buick fans can enjoy.

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)