For Sale: 1929 Stutz Custom LeBaron Limousine

roaring20s

For sale is this rare and significant 1929 Stutz M Custom LeBaron Limousine in original, unrestored condition inside and out, and the only remaining example of the Custom bodied LeBaron Limousine body style, Model M8-63, extant. The car is incredibly straight and solid, with a low slung body on a massive 145 in. wheelbase. Other quality features of this model include 4-speed transmission, wire wheels, huge Ryan headlamps, dual sidemounts, RA radiator mascot, decorative landau irons, roll down divider window, and excellent original interior upholstery with two jumpseats. The car appears to have been repainted the current tan color in the 1950s, and there is evidence that the original color was a dark blue. The fenders appear to have the original black finish. The top material is factory original and in excellent condition. Because of its many original, untouched features, I believe that only a sympathetic restoration could be accomplished so as to maintain this as a preservation car. The Vertical 8 OHC engine was partially disassembled many years ago, and will require a complete rebuild. All of the parts needed for the engine restoration are included with the car. Formerly in C. Cameron Peck Collection. Additional photos available upon request. Offered at $55,000.00. Contact John Lowell, jlowell@lowellmfg.com, or 314-724-1493.

post-75791-143142909807_thumb.jpg

post-75791-14314290981_thumb.jpg

post-75791-143142909813_thumb.jpg

post-75791-143142909816_thumb.jpg

post-75791-143142909819_thumb.jpg

post-75791-143142909821_thumb.jpg

post-75791-143142909824_thumb.jpg

post-75791-143142909827_thumb.jpg

post-75791-143142909829_thumb.jpg

post-75791-143142909831_thumb.jpg

post-75791-143142909833_thumb.jpg

Wow, impressive car for sure. Appears to be in very good condition, and asking price isn't out of bounds for such a car.

I'm very curious about the LeBaron connection, as the car, as nice as it is, doesn't seem to have many of the LeBaron trademark styling features. Also, the LeBaron tag appears crudely attached to the body with large screws.

I'm sure I'm wrong, do you have documentation for the LeBaron association, or can someone more familiar with that custom body company correct my thoughts?

Even without custom body connection the car seems to be priced in the ballpark... good luck with sale and hope it finds a good home!

The car is as it is described. LeBaron did a series of semi custom formal bodies for Stutz starting in 1929 and lasting through the end in 1933. This same body could be had as a towncar or with rear quarter windows too. They also build a club sedan with lower roof line. These cars had different interior hardware from the standard Stutz bodied cars as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All, I dont know if anyone can help me here but am after 'Le Baron' coachwork/body plans or any specifications for the 145" Stutz frame, preferably roadster, jointing techniques or any pictures of cars under construction would be very valuable, thank you.

Hello All, I dont know if anyone can help me here but am after 'Le Baron' coachwork/body plans or any specifications for the 145" Stutz frame, preferably roadster, jointing techniques or any pictures of cars under construction would be very valuable, thank you.

The pictures of the limo. is a factory LeBaron body , LeBaron got the chassic and install the body, paint etc. There are many Stutz Lebaron bodys. Lebaron made the body shipped it in primer to Stutz they install the body ,paint etc. They do not have a LeBaron tag. There is different construction between these body. Sorry i do not have any plans. John