Window rollers for 48 Windsor

My parts car probably has those, However it is stuffed with parts and I don't want to take the windows out as of yet.

Give me a few more months and I will be offering all of my spares. Or better yet the whole pile at once.

I don't think you have to worry about having troubles rolling the windows up and down. I would think they are there originally to help prevent any metal to metal scraping sounds when in use and or reduce the possibility of a vibration noise.

So that brings a couple of questions to mind.

On mine I see that there was some type of grease / lubricant used on the axle and inner surfaces of the wheel assemblys and some pretty hard and dried out lubricant stuck to the outside of them. Were the vertical tracks the wheel assemblys rolled in lubricated too? I dont see any evidence of any on mine but that area probably caught a considerable amount of water over the years and may have washed it away???

The two short horizontal slots on the bottom of each window frame where the two spring loaded pins and clips from the lift assembly slide back and forth had some white grease left on them. What have others found works good for these spots? I would assume that the slot on the inside panel of the doors would take the same grease.

Dave

I apologize. I just realized I should have posted this on the buy and sell section of the forum. I will start a post there.

Still would be interested in any information in regards to my lubrication questions.

Thanks

Edited by LongTraveler (see edit history)

The rear vertical track on mine ('42 Plymouth) had a felt-lined sound deadening strip in it. It was attached with wires that bent over the top and bottom. I got replacements from Restoration Specialties, but it's not a part listed in the catalog. So no grease in that track.

Jeff, The three window Chrysler has these rollers both front and rear of the glass. There is a felt liner on the top if I am remembering correctly. I also will have to recall how all of that ties into the vent windows.

Lots to do before reassembly I am afraid. I am going to pull the heads back off of the 392 as I have a plugged oil passage somewhere.

However I did make a deal with a neighbor to do some body work that I don't have the patience for. So things are happening.

I am not pushing for this summer, but who knows. I have a couple of other things I need to get onto by spring. (stupid race cars !!).

Still havin fun though .....