A Little Christmas Eve Showing Off.

60FlatTop

Two of my nephews were among the Christmas Eve guests at our house last night. They had not seen the 1948 2262 I bought in June so a trip out to the garage was in order.

They are gearheads and really liked the car. The driver's door is still off for the hinge repair. I plan to paint the opening, door, and put new weatherstrip that corner as I work my way around.

I was impressed that, ever though they didn't know anything about Packards, we had a good, intelligent conversation. They wanted to see that straight eight engine and were impressed that after four or five weeks the six volt systems cranked right up. They liked the hood arrangement a lot. I told them how a big block of cast iron holds the mechanical sounds inside and they agreed it was pretty quiet. Then I told them I had the small engine and the bigger one had nine main bearings. The height and size of the body wowed them and the idea of longer fenders on cars with longer engines just tickled them to death.

Last year I went to a web based thermostat to heat the garage and have the option of sitting in the coffee shop where I can use my phone to jack the heat up on my way home. Uncle Geek's garage had quite a mix of old and new.

Here is our temperature control center during install:

post-46237-143142903068_thumb.jpg

They will be back to try the car out, I am sure.

Bernie