Home Made Truck Beds

Guest 27chevtruck

Guest 27chevtruck

How is a home made truck bed judged?Is it judged based on the hardware only, or is there no judging on it at all. From what I've been reading the factory bed on a 1924 c cab was not the designed well (the sides wee too short) so most of the trucks were order with no bed and the owners of the vehicles would build there own. Im just curious

-Thanks-

The General Policy of AACA Judging is:

"The objective of AACA judging is to evaluate an antique vehicle, which has been restored to the same state as the dealer could have prepared the vehicle for delivery to the customer. This includes any feature, option or accessory shown in the original factory catalog, parts book, sales literature, or company directives for the model

year of the vehicle. AACA accepts motorized vehicles 25 years old or older, which were built in factories and specifically designed and manufactured for transportation use on public roadways and highways. The end result of the accurate and honest evaluation of a vehicle by a judging team will be the proper determination of the deserved award for the owner’s efforts."

A home made truck bed that is different from the manufacturer's supplied truck bed would be subject to a mandatory 40 point deduction.

However, if a homemade bed was not an attempt to replicate and improve a factory bed but rather a special purpose built bed, say for a specific business, then it would be judged for condition only. For instance, a truck bed designed and built to haul beer kegs would not receive a mandatory deduction but would be judged for condition. Many, many trucks were sold as chassis and cabs only and special purpose bodies were built for them, often by established body builders, often not.

Guest 27chevtruck

I'm looking at a 1924 tt c cab that dosent have the factory bed. I really want to get into showing cars and I feel a t is one of the easer cars to restore to a points earning vehicle. I use those terms lightly. Im still learning, and I have a lot to learn.