Rattle near timing belt

Guest wheelsport

Guest wheelsport

My '89 TC has a rattle around the timing belt area. It seems come and go mostly on startup. The timing belt cover was warped and the belt rubbed on the cover. I heated the cover in the area where it rubbed and straightened it fixing that noise problem. I put the stethescope on the fuel regulator, which is in the same area, and hear a similar sound. Any ideas as to what's causing the noise? Maybe timing belt adjusting idler?

My '89 TC has a rattle around the timing belt area. It seems come and go mostly on startup. The timing belt cover was warped and the belt rubbed on the cover. I heated the cover in the area where it rubbed and straightened it fixing that noise problem. I put the stethescope on the fuel regulator, which is in the same area, and hear a similar sound. Any ideas as to what's causing the noise? Maybe timing belt adjusting idler?
You may need to replace the timing belt. If it has gotten loose enough to cause that rattling noise, it is time. You could try adjusting the belt tension using the proper tensioning tool. No slack is exactly correct, tension on belt is too much!