1930 studebaker

Guest inherited1930

Guest inherited1930

I have just inherited a 1930 Studebaker. I was told by my father that this is a 1930 President Victoria Doctor's Coupe. This car has been in my family for over 40 years. My dad just passed away and left it to me. I have look everywhere on the internet and can not find any pictures or references to this model. Is this a true Studebaker model and what is its value? The car is in good shape. It is an older restoration. I want to sell this car but do not know anything about it. Any information or help would be appreciated.

Guest inherited1930

I will post pictures in a few days. The interior has a fixed drivers seat. A passenger seat that folds forward. There is a small rear bench seat that has a box mounted behind the drivers seat. This box is covered in same cloth as seats. It has a lid that opens exposing a metal liner similar to an old ice box. I was told this was made this way for a doctor. Like I said before I am gathering as information on this vehile as I can. My dad was an avid Studebaker collector.

I have inherited 3 Studebaker wagons this 1930 President and 10 other cars ranging from Speedsters to Avantis.

What you describe is consistent with the Victoria bodies from 1927-30 on all chassis, Dictator, Commander, President. The '30 President came on two wheelbases, the FE was 135" and the FH 125" that is why I ask about the body tag on the firewall. The two series were nearly identical in appearance with the FH having a longer rear quarter window. I am including photos below of the FE (first) and the FH (second). There are no mysteries concerning the 1929-30 President series FE and FH. There are dozens of them surviving though the Victoria bodies are much more scarce than the sedans. I believe I knew of just about all of the existing survivors (and their owners) so must have been in contact with your dad at some point.

post-30776-143142898438_thumb.jpg

post-30776-143142898429_thumb.jpg

Edited by studeq (see edit history)

Guest inherited1930

My father's name was James Dulaney from Rome GA. I am going to look at the firewall and take pictures today of the exterior and the interior.

Guest inherited1930

Thanks for information on hubcaps. I know it is missing one and we searched everywhere and could never find one. My Dad was a member of both clubs. I think he was a life member of the SDC.

Guest inherited1930
post-105285-143142899538_thumb.jpgThis is a shot of the interior of the 1930 President. Is the box in the back rear corner normal for this style? It has a lid and a metal liner similar to an old ice box. Trying to get exterior photos to load but this is telling me they are too large.

Guest inherited1930

post-105285-143142899734_thumb.jpgThis is the 1930 President Victoria I inherited. FHC 459. I found the original owners manual with the numbers. Motor # FE13692 Serial # 7022530.

I also inherited the following:

1959 Lark

1963 Flat Bed Truck

1962 Avanti R-1

1962 Gran Turismo

1953 Commander

1958 President(all original with only 47,000miles)

A Large Studebaker Utility Truck Used by Rome Water Department

And a 1962 Champ pickup that has won many National Awards and was titled to H.K. and Gracie Studebaker a descendent of one of the Brothers.

Oh and can't forget 6 Southbend and 7 Studebaker pocket watches.

post-105285-143142899646_thumb.jpg

post-105285-14314289967_thumb.jpg

post-105285-143142899704_thumb.jpg

Guest inherited1930

We also have several Studebaker cars my dad saved from a crusher that are probably only good for parts.

Burned Avanti

2 Speedsters

1 Four Door Champion

1 Commander Landcruiser

And 3 Studebaker Horse drawn wagons.

2 Buggies

1 Buckboard

I have no idea what the value of this extensive Studebaker Collection of Cars, Trucks, Wagons, Pocket Watches, Books, Old signs, Old Photos, Etc. Etc. is worth?

I would appreciate any help or advice on what to do with all this stuff.

Yes, the hat box in the rear seat was common to all the Studebaker Victoria bodies from 1927-30 as I mentioned in my previous response #5 above. Your photos indicate that the car is a 1929 model though it is possible that it is titled 1930 as Studebaker did not recognize model year designations at that time. Most collectors recognize the 1930 models as having the radiator shutters which your car does not. Not a big deal price wise but the '30s are a bit more desirable because of scarcity.

No way anyone will be able to provide even a general estimate of value without seeing personally what all is there, the condition etc.

Guest inherited1930
I have an acquaintance in the Atlanta area who has a '29 Studebaker who would probably be interested in looking at the collection and may be able to provide a general estimate. How close are you to Dunwoody?

I am in Rome GA which in An hour to an hour and a half depending on traffic in Atlanta.