1933 CHEVROLET EAGLE MASTER ROADSTER

Carlton

I bought recently this 1933 Chevrolet Eagle Master Roadster.

It´s an old restoration and needs some cosmetic work, but it´s 100% solid and runs very good. I´m very happy with it.

I would appreciate any information about parts suppliers in USA or Europe for this car.

I´m looking in particular for a pair of side wheels metal covers.

Also the bumpers and windscreen frame are painted in grey. Here in the Canary Island, Spain. We have not any good quality rechromed companies, so I´m thinking in buying a new set of bumpers and windshield frame if available to replace the painted ones.

I can´t see many 33´s Chevrolet on the market. Any body knows how many 33´s like mine were built ??

Thank you very much for any reply and happy Christmas.

post-94689-143142896672_thumb.jpg

I could not find the 1933 Chevrolet roadster productions numbers, but as I recall it was in the 400 -500 range.

Chevrolet never made a Eagle Master, they made Eagles and they made Masters. They also made Standard models

The early 1933 Chevrolets were all called Eagles, then part way though the production year Chevrolet came out with less expensive Standard model and at that time they changed the Eagle name to Master.

There are some differences between the Eagle and Master on closed body cars, but I am not sure about about the differences on the roadster. For closed body cars one of the differences is the chrome divider between the front door wing windows and the roll down window goes down with the window on an Eagle, where as it is stationary and does not go down with the window on a Master.

Vila

1933 Chevrolet

1962 Triumph TR4

1984 BMW 633 CSi

Thank you very much for the information.

Are you sure that Chevrolet never made a 1933 model designed as " Eaqle Master or Master Eagle ", and inclusive there are some differences between them ?? Because most of the net info refer this model as 1933 Master Eagle CA Series, inclusive at the GM Heritage website, there is a picture of a 1933 Chevy and the model car in the picture is designed as

" 1933 CHEVROLET MASTER EAGLE "

www.gmheritagecenter.com/docs/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits/Chevrolet/1933-Chevrolet.pdf

Regards

Carlton

I have seen that GM Heritage Center document and am not sure why they use the term Eagle Master in that one official document.

I own 15 different pieces of original 1933 Chevrolet sales literature, including a dealer's album, and not one time within any of that literature to they use the term Eagle Master or Master Eagle. Either one or the other is used, i.e. Eagle or Master throughout the entire document.

The best source of 1933 Chevrolet information is the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America forum.

Visit my personal website at: www.jakegingervila.wix.com/bobs-vintage-cars-

Vila

1933 Chevrolet

1962 Triumph TR4

1984 BMW 633 CSi

Edited by Vila (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...