Where can I buy a car like this???

nick8086

There were quite a few luxury cars built in England and Europe, using American V8s. The one you are most likely to find is the Jensen Interceptor from the seventies. They sold a few in the US thanks to importer Kjell Qvalle and they turn up for sale now and then.

So, if you can't find a Gaylord there are alternatives.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

Guest AlCapone

Heh Nick / Chris. Where do you dig up these freaks of nature ? Yes there was one shown at Hershey I think about 7 or 8 years ago. It for sure did not sell so maybe the old guy still has it and will contact you.

Wayne

Heh Nick / Chris. Where do you dig up these freaks of nature ? Yes there was one shown at Hershey I think about 7 or 8 years ago. It for sure did not sell so maybe the old guy still has it and will contact you.

Wayne

Where do you dig up these freaks of nature ? Google... on the " Gaylord"

The other one was at a guys house when I was parts shopping .

Chrysler used a similar design for their Falcon concept car. Both sere featured in magazines in the 1950's and considered quite stylish compared the the contemporary models. Somewhere in my stuff I have the Chrysler brochure. I remember the Gaylord well.

The Falcon:

8564419812_15a63a61c2.jpg

If you really want one, building a repop wouldn't be hard and you'd have a better car. Imagine what Derham, Bowman & Schwartz, even Fleetwood could have done with the tools we find in a serious hobbyists shop today. Mig welders, plasma cutters, metal adhesives, filler and paint products; We have tools to make stuff they only dreamed about.

Right now I am remembering lead oozing down the inside of a door panel on a Fleetwood car. I have a period one off in the planning stages now.

Bernie