Thunderbird Italienne show car--what did Chambers sell it for?

HistoryBuff

I hesitate to call this a "show car" in the same sense as the Mustang I because I think Vince Gardner did it, don't know on whose nickel, and it was displayed at the Ford Custom Car Caravan, which Ford sponsored. Supposedly actor Dale Robertson owned it but I haven't found if Robertson sold it directly to Don Chambers, car collector ,who sold it to Tom Maruska who restored it. I am writing a story about the car and would like to know what Robertson or Chambers sold it for? I saw pictures of it when Chambers had it parked outside, ill health cancelling his own restoration plans, so I am guessing it was rough and went for under $10,000.

I don't know what Barrett-Jackson sold it for in 2006 but my question is--how to you value a car that was more "custom car" than factory concept car? One is designed by an automaker and the other by a free-lancer...

• 1 month later...

Your posts are interesting, but please post a photo of what you are talking about, so everyone doesn't have to research what you have already researched to answer you question. Help us out some and you may get better responses to your posts.