1927 Lebaron three window sport sedan -ebay auction

Linus Tremaine

On ebay-

Has 1928 bumpers and 20" wood wheels. Missing some stuff under hood, nothing major.

Curious --- Looking at the photos of this original Model L engine, are these cars capable of being driven with today's gasoline?

That carburetor is so tightly wedged inside the 60 degree V with the exhaust manifolds nearly touching on either side. I would think that today's gasoline would boil furiously in the carburetor bowl, or at least cause vapor lock every time you stop or slow down.

So are Model L Lincolns good drivers or just garage art anymore?

Also, if you look carefully at the pics of this car, the vacuum tank supply line is cut and there is an insulated tube running over the steering box. That is probably because someone has installed an electric fuel pump in it. That means that the original fuel line from the firewall to the carb is missing as is the petcock on the firewall ( I cant see it) and the original fuel line from the fuel filter to the vacuum tank is chopped. All unfortunate, but common things. Those parts are very very hard to find.

• 2 weeks later...

An unusually original Lincoln in splendid condition. The minor missing fuel line parts can be found however, what makes this a "sport" sedan as it looks to be a Standard 3 window 4 passenger sedan model 144B ? The proof should be found on a small brass plate under the passenger front seat cushion facing the running board. 926 of them were built by Lincoln and Murray body companies in 1927. The engine displacement is 357.8". The 384.8" did not arrive until 1928.

Edited by rcr (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Ah , thanks for info, the reason I know the wheel size is because I now own it ! took a transatlantic gamble , again . I fell in love with the "Road Locomotive " aspect !! The only observation I have about the bumpers is that I would imagine them to be chrome if a 28, and if they re finished them in nickel you would expect them to have removed any differences , I think she is about Feb -March '27 by the number.

• 2 weeks later...