She has needs, dude. Neeeds!

Guest TJDasen2

Guest TJDasen2

I posted an abbreviated version of this on the Yahoo group sight.

Tim Dasenbrock

Southern Illinois

1991 Exotic Red/Ginger

Had my T/C gone over by the mechanic and everything came out okay. Just a lot of little things like unplugged lights and things like that. There are, a couple things that need attending to. I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.

Trunk release actuator. I need a new one. I think I read that these are the exact same ones that GM used in the late 80's/early 90's? Any verification on that? If true, can I replace the trunk mechanics with a power pull down unit from Cadillac/Buick?

Power top pull down unit. Again, I was told I need a new actuator for this device. Honestly, I don't even know what an actuator is. I'm learning as I go.

The trunk is very difficult to open. Really heavy. I noticed the body lines are off, so maybe the trunk lid needs adjusting? Bodyshop for this? Also the door locks seem hard to open with a key. Bodyshop to fix this? I assume old grease in the doors.

I'd really like to buy two new crystal ignition key blanks and two new trunk key blanks. Can't find the trunk one in my area. I found key blanks for the ignition, but not the crystal one.

The driver's seat has some wear through. You've all probably seen this before. Anyway, I'd like to know how to have this fixed. Do I take it to an auto upholstery shop and they find the ginger leather, or do I find it and take it to them?

Following are some general questions...

Has anyone replaced the radio with a bluetooth phone/gps system? If so, what did you buy and how do you like it? Single DIN? Double DIN?

What about keyless entry/alarm. It boggles my mind that a halo car wouldn't have this as standard. I guess I'm spoiled. Again, if you could name the system and who put it in, I'd appreciate it.

Has anyone installed heat warmers? It was a balmy 55 degrees a couple days ago and seat warmers would have been sweet.

Someone mentioned a windscreen for the T/C. I Googled it, but only come up with windshields on English cars. Anyone have a photo of this item?

There will be many more questions to come, I'm sure.

A couple days ago, someone asked where I had my LeBaron customized. I'm kind of used to those kind of questions though, I used to collect Imperials and some people would say a "Chrysler Impala". I think of it as an opportunity to teach and awe.

Thanks for all your help.

Tim Dasenbrock

Southern Illinois

The top pull down motor is a modified GM trunk pull down and the GM trunk release can be fitted to work on the TC http://forums.aaca.org/f144/making-remote-trunk-release-works-357536.html

With good pistons the trunk is naturally heavy for the first few inches of lift and you can turn the rubber trunk stops up or down to adjust to body line, there is a lot of thick steel in the path of converting to the GM trunk pull down and if you really need help popping the trunk I would suggest modifying a hood latch lift spring.

Seat heat can be added at any time it takes a special pliers and rings to reattach seat bottom cushion and these are best found in the JC Whitney catalog.

Leather worn or torn? UTube is full of how to restore worn leather, torn takes tools and supplies, small holes can be invisibly patched without tearing down the seat, tears need new leather sown in to replace bad section.

With a 91 TC you probably have a double edge ignition and door key, I've never seen a double cut crystal key and trunk key blanks are available, check the old postings and look for one titled key blanks, if you want the Pentadent on the key check with TC and Arizona parts.

Keyless entry / alarm was a dealer add on when I got my 92 Jag, sticky door lock cylinders usually fix with a good shot of WD into the key opening.

Wind screen for the TC, I think the late 90's early 2000 Volvo C70 is the best donor for this project as you will have to make your own.

Edited by Digger914 (see edit history)