Chevrolet driving simulator

sambarn

I have been offered an entire early seventies Chevrolet Driving Simulator system. It seems to be all there and I have absolutely no room for this. Is there a museum or hobbyist who could be caretaker for this system? It's pretty neat and I'd hate to see it end up in the rubble at the bottom of a building tear down ( as will happen if I don't go get it). Any ideas - yes sell it on ebay piece by piece is a possibility but that feels wrong to me. Looking for help or advice, Thanks - sam

I was across town at Woodlawn High.

The Driver's Ed department was in an annexed building that was formerly a church. The Driver's Ed simulators took up the entire 200 seat sanctuary. There were 8 or 12 consoles and the huge computer. A large cinematic screen displayed the simulated driving scene. Students sat at the consoles and reacted to the driving situations on the screen.

The consoles were dashboard and steering wheel, seat, shift lever, pedals from a Chevy Nova.

The consoles had automatic trans. But, there was a clutch pedal folded up under the dash. If the clutch pedal was brought down into position, the console was converted into a 3 speed column shift manual.

After each session, each student was to go to the computer and report the mistakes recorded on the computer,

High tech for its time

There is a new museum being outfitted right now in Wilsonville Oregon. I forget the name at the moment, and I think they are leaning towards the racing scene. But if I were starting up a museum I would be taking anything I could get.