1950 Cadillac model 6219

After 21 years I decided to offer my 1950 Cadillac 4door 6219 for sale. I am the second owner. The car has always been in Tucson AZ. The first owner was the wife of Davis Monthan AFB Commander. I have the build sheets from Clarke Ave Detroit in June of 1950 to Apache Motors Tucson. It is an AACA Senior from 2007 and numerous Repeat Preservations, last was Oct 2013, Palm Springs Ca. It won a CLC Grand National at Anaheim 2006 in the 1950 to 1953 class over 3 Eldorados with 96.66 points. First Place at the CLC Regional Meet in Phoenix in 2012. VMCCA Golden Award of Excellence. This may be the finest 50-53 sedan in the country. Color is Savoy Gray (Sikkens single stage urethane). Glass is mostly new except the back which is perfect, as well as all weather seals. Ivory steering wheel recast by JB Donaldson. Interior & exterior are flawless. Every component in the car works as new... including the vacuum antenna & Wonderbar radio. Tires are 5 years new ... Firestone Dlx Champions WWs, with Sombreros( flawless). New fuel tank a couple of years ago. Even the one-year-only original tool bag holds the tire jack and tools. Included in the deal are my inventory of parts worth easily $2000 as well as every shop manual possible for the car. Pictures on request at email... rsotardi@yahoo.com or 520-749-8659 Ron Sotardi. Price = $28,000

post-44772-143142887892_thumb.jpg

post-44772-143142887751_thumb.jpg

post-44772-143142887799_thumb.jpg

post-44772-143142887832_thumb.jpg

post-44772-143142887862_thumb.jpg

Edited by rons49 (see edit history)

Thanks guys. Marty, It received it's Senior at Canyon Texas. When was that? 2007? I believe that my wife and I sat with you and your wife at the banquet dinner. Remember the rain? 7 inches in an hour! Ron

Hi Ron,

We were at the Canyon, Texas Central Division Fall Meet which was September 13 - 15, 2012. That was where our 1937 Buick 80C was awarded her HPOF AACA ORIGINAL. W didn't get to attend the earlier Canyon Meet.

We did enjoy our visit with you at Palm Springs last year.

Hope to see you in Tucson next March. If the beautiful Caddy is still yours at that time, maybe you would enter it for the Friday Grand National, as well as the Saturday Meet.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

Very nice car! Is the interior still original?

The interior is new but with original material and stitched duplicating original. It can't be distinguished from original. At the Cadillac Meet in Anaheim, the CLC Team Captain inquired about that as well. No deductions on interior, total 97 points on 100 point max judging standard. If you ever observed CLC judging, you will see that EVERY component it checked , as well as engine operation for smoke, noisy lifters, idle, accelerator pump, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
The interior is new but with original material and stitched duplicating original. It can't be distinguished from original. At the Cadillac Meet in Anaheim, the CLC Team Captain inquired about that as well. No deductions on interior, total 97 points on 100 point max judging standard. If you ever observed CLC judging, you will see that EVERY component it checked , as well as engine operation for smoke, noisy lifters, idle, accelerator pump, etc.

The reason I asked was that the texture of the fabric looks different than any I've seen on original cars. Maybe the photo is causing it?

My dad purchased this exact same model of Cad in 1951(he`s the second owner). Our family(parents and 5 boys) made over ten trips from Calif to Okla and back in the 50s. Dads Cad has been in storage since 1966. Lost dad 2yr ago, at 92, the 20th of this month but still have his car. Great memories.. Tom