1939 Graham town car for sale on ebay "Grahm town & country""

West Peterson

This is a very interesting looking 1939 Graham that, in my opinion, looks like a backyard recreation of the little-known Corbett-bodied 1939 Graham town car. The original one-off town car no longer exists.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-town-country-good-trim-1939-grahm-sharknose-supercharged-town-country-model-97-series-/171590536187?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27f397cbfb&item=171590536187&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

post-33613-143142887183_thumb.png

Edited by West Peterson (see edit history)

West, I have inspected this car and it does not appear to have any of the characteristics of a coach built vehicle. The front snap moulding at the windshield appears to be of modern design. the rear quarter windows are filled in by simple blocks of wood cut and loosely fit into the holes where the windows went. There is no divider window, and the front seat is done in vinyl over a cloth upholstered seat. In my opinion even the lowest end coachbuilder would not turn out a car anything like this one. I would say buyer BEWARE. This car was owned by American on Wheels and sold for $2,500 a few years back to the most recent owner who passed away a couple of months ago. The description makes it seem as if the seller just doesnt have time to work on it and just decided to sell it...That is really odd since they just bought this car last week from the Widow of the owner for a lot less than the current bid. If I had to guess...in my opinion someone tried to recreate the 1939 Graham town car built by Corbett and Company and did a poor job. In my opinion this car is being misrepresented and I doubt the seller has any authenticating material save a photo of the original car which if you look closely had its top made differently than this car. Scary stuff West!!!

Oh ,and I hardly think that the America on Wheels Museum would have sold an authentic one off coachbuilt 1939 Graham Town car for $2500.00 .

Edited by TomCox (see edit history)