Warner OD Wiring Issue: HELP!

rockitdoc

Hi everyone,

Well, time to get the OD wired and working on my Dad's '41 Connie and ran into a small snag....I hope.

My relay on the firewall has 5 terminals and my solenoid down on the Warner has 3 terminals. But, my Warner OD manual only shows 4 wires to the relay and 2 wires to the solenoid. So, that either means 1) I have the wrong manual :(, 2) the manual is in error, :confused: 3) one terminal on each device is not used (this is what I hope the answer is ;)) 4) I have the wrong relay and the wrong solenoid (I hope not) :mad:, or 5) some combination of these I would prefer not to bore you with.:rolleyes:

Any help out of this dilemma most appreciated. She really wants the OD to work the next time we venture down the highway.

Thanks, as always, in advance.:)

S

I think you have the wrong manual, the general one for most cars using the BW OD. The 5 terminal relay and 3 terminal solenoid are the correct units for your '41. Later Lincolns used a 6 terminal relay. There are 2 wiring diagrams for the '41. They only differ slightly and either one will work. The kick down switch on the floor board under the accelerator pedal along with the governor are integral parts of the circuit and need to be in working order. I have copies of the wiring diagrams if you need them and can send them to you if you send me your address. dpnpo@wavecable.com

Naragansett can supply a new wiring harness if needed.

Edited by peecher (see edit history)