1956 Cadillac $9500 nice car

SOLD. ThanksPosting this for a good friend, he's a straight shooter, any questions SOLD . Not my car, but I'll stand by any statement this man makes. Car located in his very nice storage facility in Berryville, Virginia. His description: (two door)

post-31482-143142885185_thumb.jpg

Rare opportunity to purchase a great Cadillac. This Cadillac was last driven in 1966. The original owner babied the car and sold it to the second owner in 1965. At that time the car overheated and the owner (now deceased) turned the car off, towed it home and left it in the garage. His wonderful son kept it garaged faithfully until I purchased it in 2008. It was kept in heated garage until this year. It is still garaged (in an unheated, dry space). The paint is original with no repairs or accidents. There is a small spot of rust in one rocker and one quarter. This Cadillac is solid as a rock! Exterior chrome has some pits and the paint has its share of battle nicks. However, a good painter (like myself) can special order lacquer paint and spot this car to a real beauty. It does not need to be completely repainted to be a nice survivor . The engine does not turn from its long storage. I intended to get this car on the road before the end of year. Unforeseen personal expenses force a sale. I have spent a total $2,500 on mechanical parts. The leather is very nice. A special run of new, correct upholstery was run by SMS and is included in the sale($700). Four new correct white whitewall tires with nubs still on them are included. Factory A/C, fog lights, locking gas cap etc.. Email for a list of all the new parts included. Also, the original white steering wheel will blow you away with its condition compared to others of this year. The carpet looks new as the sides were covered in plastic and floor mats were always used. NO FADING of the black carpet. And of course the dash is pad and cluster is stunning. The interior chrome is all original and will knock your socks off.. Rear bumper ends are solid as a rock with the aluminum inserts still like new. Serious only, please lets not waste our time. Sold to a good home only.

Edited by trimacar (see edit history)

This one really looks exceptional, and since David tells us that the seller is a straight-shooter, we can count on it !!

If I didn't have my '54 convertible, this might be a great basis for a SERIOUS TOUR-DRIVER once the mechanicals were sorted out.

Guest wtppackard

Beautiful! I am very interested. How many miles? Interior color? Where are you located? Interior photos? Thank you, and Happy Holidays.

• 4 weeks later...

Matt, you're correct....a local area dealer/restorer bought the car for a client. My friend said the guy walked around the car for about 15 seconds, said he'd take it, handed him the cash.....so it must have been a pretty good deal......the friend selling it has a wonderful collection of 50's and 60's cars, mostly GM and mostly low mileage originals. He's very meticulous and picky about his cars, has great storage and keeps them covered. He rarely sells a car, and only did in this case because he didn't know the end result of getting it to run from a cost standpoint........