Please help me regarding 1974 Buick LeSabre

Guest Tammie

Hello, Thank you for reading this. I inherited my Father's '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus 2 Door convertible 8 years ago. I am desperately trying to get an idea of it's value (to me it's priceless due the sentiment, I helped him restore her). Beautiful car! great condition, 94,000 original miles. Can any direct me to a place I might get an estimated value. Thank you in advance for any help, Tammie tammielynnem@gmail.com ;)

Tammie, are planning to sell this car? Where are you located?

Take a look at some of the online valuation tools, www.hagerty.com, www.collectorcarmarket.com, and www.nada.com. The sites have some descriptions that should give you am idea on condition relative to value.

You can also post on the Buick Club forum and ask for some feedback someone familiar with that model could give you an idea with some good photos.

Tammie, if you are able to post a few pictures

on this forum (say a couple of the exterior and

one of the interior, at least), people could give

you some dollar guidance. It's hard to assess

condition exactly from photographs, but we can

give you a pretty reasonable idea.

And let us know how it has been taken care of in

the last 8 years: Started occasionally, driven a

couple of times a year? Or sitting idle for 7 years?

That will make a big difference too, since cars

benefit from being driven regularly, and shouldn't

be mothballed like grandma's trunk in the attic!

Your car definitely has some collector value.

All the best to you!

Thank you John S in Penna very much for your reply. I will get pictures posted asap. I need to figure out the value of her before I make a decision. I just drove her from Washington state to Las Vegas a few months ago, before that I always drove her every summer and garaged it always. On my way to Vegas I overheated her and had spend $2800 on head gaskets and they replaced all hoses, fluids, etc. I start and drive it a couple of times a week, she sounds and runs absolutely perfect. Thank you again for all your guidance! Happy Holidays :-) Tammie

Thank you John S in Penna very much for your reply. I will get pictures posted asap. I need to figure out the value of her before I make a decision. I just drove her from Washington state to Las Vegas a few months ago, before that I always drove her every summer and garaged it always. On my way to Vegas I overheated her and had spend $2800 on head gaskets and they replaced all hoses, fluids, etc. I start and drive it a couple of times a week, she sounds and runs absolutely perfect. Thank you again for all your guidance! Happy Holidays :-) Tammie