Battery Draw

TexasLowell

If I don't start my car for 2 or 3 days the battery drops too low to start the car. I have checked all of the fuses and checked them with a device. All of the fuses seem OK and I did not find a draw from any of the fuses. There are a couple of things that may be helpful in tracking down the problem. First, the ABS light stays on all of the time when the key is on if the car is running or not. It goes off when the key is turned off. Second, the ignition time delay relay is hot when the door is open. I think that is normal but I mention it in case it gives a clue as to my battery drain. I would appreciate any help that someone can give me.

If I don't start my car for 2 or 3 days the battery drops too low to start the car. I have checked all of the fuses and checked them with a device. All of the fuses seem OK and I did not find a draw from any of the fuses. There are a couple of things that may be helpful in tracking down the problem. First, the ABS light stays on all of the time when the key is on if the car is running or not. It goes off when the key is turned off. Second, the ignition time delay relay is hot when the door is open. I think that is normal but I mention it in case it gives a clue as to my battery drain. I would appreciate any help that someone can give me.

Does the light in the refrigerator always go out when you close the door? Same thing can happen in the trunk, pull the trunk bulb, un-plug the under hood light and see what happens. My battery drain was the trunk light and the wire to the light under hood was the causing my interior lighting ckt. bkr. to get hot and pop. ABS light with brakes working is probably a wheel sensor.

I had checked most of the things like the trunk and glove box lights. I took it today to the place where I bought the battery so they could test it. The deemed it to be bad and replaced it under warranty. I am not sure that they are right but that eliminates one possibility. I appreciate all the advise that I get here. I am not too mechanically inclined so this site is very helpful to me. Now I need to find out how to check the wheel sensors (gotta find them first). I am wondering if it is better just to replace them or troubleshoot them. I don't know how much they cost.

I had checked most of the things like the trunk and glove box lights. I took it today to the place where I bought the battery so they could test it. The deemed it to be bad and replaced it under warranty. I am not sure that they are right but that eliminates one possibility. I appreciate all the advise that I get here. I am not too mechanically inclined so this site is very helpful to me. Now I need to find out how to check the wheel sensors (gotta find them first). I am wondering if it is better just to replace them or troubleshoot them. I don't know how much they cost.

Troubleshoot the sensors, sometimes it's just a dirty sensor ring, or a bad connection. All the time, even in Texas, there is a chance of breaking or stripping a screw when you go to replace because this is a 25 year old car and at least one screw will have a rusty thread.