Power Antenna Replacement

Mr. Anderson

I'd get a rebuilt or used working factory unit. Many of the aftermarket units have cheap chrome plating on the fender cap and nut that will rust in short order (speaking from experience). There are also multiple GM part numbers that could be used, due to revised parts that supercede prior numbers. GM units from other cars (particularly other Buick, Olds, and Caddy models) will work fine, but may need to reuse the current mounting hardware to meet the contour of the fender correctly.

KDirk

You can make ALMOST any GM power antenna made after 1983 fit. Look for the 90 and earlier if you have a 90 or earlier Reatta. GM/Delco made some changes in '91 and the main one you must deal with is the black coax cable. The attached picture shows a 91 and later style at the top..... note there is no black coax connected to the mast...just a cast aluminum connector for the coax to plug into. With an early Reatta, you will need to get a coax externsion to reach the connector. There are some other ways to make them work but it takes way too much explaining.post-30596-143142885689_thumb.jpg

Just send me your antenna and I will repair it with steel cable replacing the plastic. I can also replace broken/bent mast and you keep your original antenna.

post-30596-143142885686_thumb.jpg