New members.

Guest windjamer

Guest windjamer

Face it, we are all getting older and new blood for are hobby is getting hard to find.I believe you can not get new membership sitting on your butt in an office holding a business meeting, you have to get off your bottom and do something fun. I have put together 12 activity's for the coming year I want to propose to my club. Binghamton NY is the carousel Capt. of the world. We have a lot of them. I want to have a one day amazing race like on tv, with club members racing to ALL of our carousel's getting proof they where there and finishing at a local restaurant. First one back wins a prize like maybe a 6pk of oil. We have a antique auto museum and an antique truck and tractor museum both less than 45 min. drive. That's two more fun days.We have a major cruse in every Sat and another minor cruse on Thursday, these are all opportunity's to to promote our club AND have fun doing it. How about setting a table up at our local rest stop and giving out free coffee on 4th. July with a membership flyer? What are your thoughts?

I love it Dick. The "racing" part might get your guys in trouble though. Better to have it timed, like have a club member set a reasonable time frame, then have whoever finishes closest to your set time be the winner. Keeps those speeding tickets in check.

I was speaking to a Kansas City Member yesterday and he told me they just got 2 more under 20 year olds to join their club. This region has won the I.C. Kirkham Award for at least 2 years running.(Greatest membership gain) I hope to get an interview next year to share their secrets! It must be a secret, few other chapters/regions are doing that well. They increased their membership from a little over 100 to 161 or so just this year! Wow!!