1952 Buick Super - seat side panels

Guest lupocamino

Guest lupocamino

post-89787-143142882452_thumb.jpg

Hi friends,

as you can see on the picture, my front seat side panels don't fit correctly. I think they are not original because they're made of fiberglass. When I fix the screws in the front the rear will not fit in the correct position and vice versa.

Does anybody know if I can buy side panels (original or aftermarket) somewhere???

Many regards in advance for your infos,

Wolfgang

Edited by lupocamino
adding picture (see edit history)

Guest lupocamino

Hi Al,

great job that you can give me this information only through my (not very detailed - sorry) picture.

By what do you identify that these are 53 panels? Do you have -by chance- pictures that show the difference between 52 and 53 panels?

And where can I get the correct ones for my 52 Super?

Thanks and regards,

Wolfgang

Here are some pics for comparing panels.

Your seat spring/cushion assembly looks to be narrower than what it should be, leaving a big gap between the end of the seat cushion and the side panel. The attached pics show the dimensions for the two front and two rear fasteners of a 1953 Buick 76X front seat passenger-side panel. The panel is molded plastic, approximately 1/16" (.0625") thin, not fiberglass. Other OEM 1953 Buick panels are similar.

post-41556-143142888397_thumb.jpg

The length of the stainless steel trim moulding, from one end tip to the other end tip, is close to 30" overall. The fourth pic shows the rare CUSTOM BODY BY FISHER body name plate, found only on the passenger-side front panel of 1953 & 1954 Buick Skylarks.

Unfortunately, I don't have any info or dimensions on 1952 Buick panels. Let me know if these dimensions check out with what you have. Thanks.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

post-41556-143142888377_thumb.jpg

post-41556-143142888383_thumb.jpg

post-41556-14314288839_thumb.jpg