New toy

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

I picked up a very high mileage Reatta in North Carolina this afternoon. It has been gone over mechanically and has new sensatrac shocks/struts, front and rear. New rotors and brakes. new tires. Just had a 4 wheel alignment. A Replaced electronic instrument cluster, replaced leather seats, replaced headlight motors, new battery, serviced AC and new cruise control parts. Far from a show car but exactly what i was looking for to use as my fun car. I traveled on down from Concord NC to my sisters in Greer SC and it runs and drives like a champ. Tomorrow will be straight trip home to Pittsburgh. Marck worked on the car for some of the listed items.

post-30591-1431428809_thumb.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]286081

post-30591-143142880889_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143142880894_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143142880897_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143142880902_thumb.jpg

Dan,

That would be a 1990. Driftwood metallic paint was offered one year only, in 90. Was withdrawn and replaced by polo green in 91. I still want to own a green coupe....someday.

Keith,

Nicely played, sir. Looks like you picked up a winner there. How many miles are "high"? My 91 vert has 180,000 and I never thought I would buy a car with that many miles on it. But, it was local, cheap and actually in nice shape. So I went and bought it anyway. Nice to see one of your apparently demanding standards willing to buy a high mile driver. I had reservations but have been happy with my gamble so far.

KDirk

Guest Dan Ogle

Thank you KDirk,I like that color,and thats the first time iI have ever seen it,and as for the Polo Green I never saw it till I found this one on the net

http://www.2040-cars.com/Buick/Reatta/1991-buick-reatta-base-coupe-2-door-3-8l-rare-polo-green-506891/ And as for your high miles that is only about 7500 miles a year for an avarage.I too said I wouldn't buy a vehicle with high miles,but my 91 had a 148000 on it ,but after seeing it and driving it I forgot about the miles, drove like a new car,and still does at 150000,and a year later

Edited by Dan Ogle (see edit history)

Guest my3buicks

Now that was a longshot, I stopped at a rest stop near Beckley West Virginia and when I came out there was a little old man standing there, he had a big smile on his face I have a twin to that one sitting at home in the garage. So there is a driftwood coupe that lives in Roanoke Virginia

Very nice looking car! or as some say around here... Wicked pissa cah! I personally don't worry so much about mileage. They can be kept running for a very long time as long as they are well cared for and you have the fortitude to dive in when you have to. I've always said I'll try anything because it was put together by someone in the first place and I should be able to duplicate the results.

Guest Corvanti

looks good!:cool:

re: "high mileage", you know as well as others that a properly maintained 3.8L will last for well over 200K. the problem is usually some of the items that have been taken care of by the PO.

love the colors - in & out.

have fun with her!!!:)

Guest my3buicks

Just home from SC, put 648 miles on it from the time I picked it up, average gas mileage for the trip was 29.8. Had the cruise set at 70-75 pretty much solid coming home. Ran great, drove great, there may be a brake issue coming up, keeping an eye on that. Oh, and the radio sucks, thank goodness I had the iPad and earphones in the car with me so I had good music. There are some odds and ends I will work on, but not going overboard. Lube up the locks and power lock mechanisms, all work but need help. All the back lights are working, a few of the front ones are out so will pull and more than likely replace them all at once. Oh, another thing that sucks, Reatta headlights lol - that isn't just this one.

My 16 way seats I bought to have redone and put in the red conv have not been started yet, they are actually nicer than the nice seats that are in this one, so I am considering just putting the 16 ways in this one since I will be using it a lot more than the red one.