1933 REO Wipers - Vacuum to motor conversion.

Guest Dougie Chimes

Guest Dougie Chimes

I own a 1933 REO Flying Cloud. The wipers are driven by vacuum hoses, and don't work. Has anyone fixed these, or converted to an electric motor?

Guest Dougie Chimes

I agree on the wipers...my dad's advice, and I see echoed on these boards...is that the Flying Cloud is never going to be a classic, and will never be worth classic money...so keep it original as possible, while also being as functional as possible, and just enjoy driving it when you can. Only put enough money into it so that it's road-worthy and presentable. So if I can convert to electric, and get that much more use out of it, I just may.

Guest Dougie Chimes
http://www.wiperman.com

This guy can make your vacuum wipers work like new. He also has blades. Don't modify the car.

Thanks Steve! I saw this site on another thread, and it looks great. Thank you for sharing - I definitely think this is the route I'm going.

The car is "mostly" original, and the contributor to "mostly" is electrical changes - 80 years worth of funky add-on wiring here and there all over the car. I think at some point I'll just rip it all out and go back to all original wiring, so keeping the vacuum motors stock will be one less thing to rip out and retrofit.