Magi-Cruise Availability

kgm0612

I have a 1959 Pontiac service bulletin announcing the availability of the Magi-Cruise option. I know it was available through 1962 on the full size Pontiac, using the same hardware. The only variation I'm aware of is the unique installation bracket for AC equipped cars. I believe in 1963 Pontiac made available the electronic cruise control unit. Did this unit replace the mechanical Magi-Cruise or was it still offered and if so for how long? If it was, does anyone have any photos of one installed or the installation diagrams. Thank you in advance of any info you can provide.

Kevin

very interesting question kevin, i can remember having a 1960 pontiac bonneville two door hardtop in the 1980's that i added a magi-cruise to it, worked ok on flat level highways, a throttle hold in reality, car would speed up going downhill and slow down going uphill, lol. touch the brake pedal and that would release the throttle hold position that had been set.

charles l. coker

1953 pontiac tech advisor

tech advisor coordinator

poci

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ornjcr8

I have a Magi-Cruise NOS in the box with engineering drawings. I bought it for a 1962 Grand Prix it works as described as above. I would love to scan the drawings for you, but they are huge and I am fairly computer stupid. If you have any special questions about the unit I could try and answer them for you.

Thanks. I am mainly interested in what parts comprise the setup. I have some parts that I recently purchased (eBay) and some installed in my car - but I do not know if I am missing anything. My car came to me without an engine.

I guess having your contact info helps a bunch and if you have any details regarding the under hood components that would help too.

Rich

• 3 years later...
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2014 at 10:46 AM, ornjcr8 said:

I have a Magi-Cruise NOS in the box with engineering drawings. I bought it for a 1962 Grand Prix it works as described as above. I would love to scan the drawings for you, but they are huge and I am fairly computer stupid. If you have any special questions about the unit I could try and answer them for you.

If you still have those drawings, I would be glad to compensate you via PayPal for having copies made and shipping them to me. I believe Kinkos has machines that can copy very large documents. TIA

Kevin

• 4 years later...

I realize this is an old thread but would appreciate any info regarding the Magi Cruise speed control for a 62 Grand Prix that I am restoring. Client wants to ad cruise and is hoping for an original set up. A copy of the drawings if available would be great and I’m happy to compensate

Thanks

Todd

758-880-1442