Anyone with a Master Body Manual to solve 57 & 58 Buick Window Frame Questions ?

buick man

I cannot find my parts interchange book along with Master Body Manual and is most likely packed away in the storage pile as I am redoing the basement right now. I have the Master Chassis Manual handy but no help.

Anyways, here is what I have going on. I took out the drivers window frame complete with regulator out of my 4-door R.M. 75. It has electric windows. The glass base channel frame where the glass actually sits into, had rotted away to the extent the factory installed window tram/rail which is normally attached to this base glass channel, detached allowing the regulator to fall down into the door. This apparently is a common aging problem. What I need to know is if someone could be so kind, and find out if the 1957 4-door R.M./Super drivers window overall setup is the same, perhaps even parts numbers wise, as that of a 1958 R.M./Super widow setup and/or if anyone has done this interchange using a 58 or vis/versa ? If they are different if anyone would know why would help as well.

It is my belief that 57 and 58 shared the same body & mechanicals overall. Also the Caddy model 62 for 1957 & 58 is reported to as well so things should be alright as far as fit goes but just want to make sure. I have a guy who has a complete window glass frame/regulator setup taken out of a 1958 Buick Super 4-door hardtop. Oh, and no I do not want to use a replacement generic window channel they sell out there unless I have no other choice. The OEM switch out surgery would be a much easier transition with the factory part then remaking the wheel with one of these replacement channels and all the arts n crafts involved with that.

So the photos below show my cleaned up window frame with detached regulator tram/rail setup presented so everyone knows of which I refer to. Also shown are 2 photos of the proposed replacement window from the 58. In the photos my detached regulator tram/rail may possibly be turned/flipped 180* compared to that of the attached 58 regulator tram/rail shown. I will have to verify that. Also the 58 has the tram/rail has been removed off of the attachment arms and not shown in the photos. In my 57 Buick window photos on the other hand, the rail itself is attached to the channel arms as can be seen.

Discussion: I see small differences in the attachment arms that the tram/rail attaches to in the 58 Buick photos when compared to the 57 photos. For one the window stop finger on the right hand side of my 57 photos is pronounced and can be seen on the 1st & 3rd photos on the lower right corner and this window stop finger is factory attached to the attachment arm itself. In contrast the 58 arm is wider but has apparently no window stop finger protruding out. Perhaps this is from a manual window setup? The 57 shares the same measurement of the tram/rail length as that of the 58.

Edit: Photos 4 & 5 are from the 1958 Buick.

Thanks in advance.

post-56742-143142875303_thumb.jpg

post-56742-143142875325_thumb.jpg

post-56742-143142875344_thumb.jpg

post-56742-143142875365_thumb.jpg

post-56742-143142875367_thumb.jpg

Edited by buick man (see edit history)