57Tbird seat frame shape

Guest Ian57Tbird

Guest Ian57Tbird

This is a tough call but I'm hoping someone might know exactly how the front wire edge on the Tbird seat frame should look. I am doing the foam in mine and I have doubts about the shape of the wire on the lower front edge.

It is all factory spot welding on there and not been repaired but with the sloppy work of the day(definitely not CNC precision) it appears incorrect. From what I can tell I think it is not supposed to be symmetrical across the transmission tunnel but it appears on mine to come up too high on the passenger side as it crosses the tunnel.

I don't want to alter it to where I think it should be unless I know for sure it will be correct.

caef6430-71a3-4bbe-a015-fca2.jpg

I think the stepped up section on the driver's side is for electric seat switch.

79% of original size (was 640x480) - Click to enlargeb1e9a547-25a2-47d6-847f-b1a4.jpg

This is where I think it runs up to high but I hope there is someone with lots of experience who can give me an answer.

Guest Ian57Tbird

Thankyou.

If I did not see the photo with my own eyes I would not have believed it, it doesn't even seem to fit the tunnel well and appears high in that corner.

I'm only doing the foam as my covers are OK but for future reference how did you find the fit of the covers on yours, did they need any alterations or did they fit well?