79th Annual Meeting- Philadelphia, Pa.

R W Burgess

http://www.aaca.org/images/meet_brochures/AM_15_Members_Annual_MeetingRegistration.pdf

We recently had a member post incorrect information about our 2015 Annual Meeting. I have posted the registration form above for everyone to use. Board member Mike Jones has big plans for our Annual Meeting this year. You do not want to miss it! I know I won't!:)

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2015 Annual Meeting Seminar Listing (subject to change)

http://www.aaca.org/images/pdf/2015_Annual_Meeting_Seminars.pdf

Hi, Pat...hope all is well. Thank you for posting the schedule.

Peter J.

Dave, we used to do just that with a group called the DFer's. (discussion forum- Thanks to past president, Ron Barnette for that unique name). Dave Divine even made some special round "buttons" that we could wear to identify each other. Peter Heizmann and a bunch of us had fun back when we weren't so busy. Stand by, I'm sure someone will mention it too. The group just needs another leader to take over.

BTW everyone, there have been more updates on the seminar listings linked above!

Dave, we used to do just that with a group called the DFer's. (discussion forum- Thanks to past president, Ron Barnette for that unique name). Dave Divine even made some special round "buttons" that we could wear to identify each other. Peter Heizmann and a bunch of us had fun back when we weren't so busy. Stand by, I'm sure someone will mention it too. The group just needs another leader to take over.

BTW everyone, there have been more updates on the seminar listings linked above!

I remember meeting at a little hole in the wall restaurant one year(I think it's closed now) and one year we met on the show field at Hershey

I remember meeting at a little hole in the wall restaurant one year(I think it's closed now) and one year we met on the show field at Hershey

Hi , Tommy.

That was the now torn down St. George 's Restaurant.

Regards,

Peter J.

I guess I need to wear my DF'er button to Philadelphia...

I will have to check out the seminar listing again more closely but I have to admit I laugh every time I read this one... "FINDING INTERLANE PARTS FOR EARLY DISTURBUTORS". I don't know what Interlane parts are but I guess working on "Early Distributors" could certainly DISTURB you...;)

Edited by MCHinson (see edit history)

That's right!!! Thanks for reminding me. That was a great little place to eat. We've found a couple more with in walking distance if the weather is too cold. See you in a few weeks

Yes it was, Tommy. I'll never forget reading the Philadelphia Inquirer and the article that the St. George's Restaurant and the whole block was to be torn down for some development. When I told the DF'ers on this Forum I was concerned that the tear drops would short out my computer.

From there we went to one of the Parlor rooms at the hotel graciously provided by Steve Moskowitz, Mike Jones, etc. To answer Dave A's post to meet somewhere the Parlor meetings crashed as so many seminars and meetings go through the lunch hour that we had a hard time keeping anyone in the lunch meeting.

Maybe someone can get creative quickly for a brief meeting in the lobby area or elsewhere? As for reserving a Parlor room it would be a hard pressed task with such little notice.

Peter J.

.....................As for reserving a Parlor room it would be a hard pressed task with such little notice.

Peter J.

True Pedro. If anyone takes leadership for next year though, I'm sure that Mike or Steve will help out as best they can. Good memories, good times!

• 4 weeks later...

Time to turn this thread around and talk about the weekend in Philly. It was another great time. Tidewater Region had about 43 members there, four receiving awards. Did everyone see the blue sweat-shirts promoting our upcoming National Meet? Did everyone catch the cheers Saturday evening when our folks were recognized? What a great group - and next year we're going to try to break that record and see if we can get 50 coming up from Tidewater. Reports are that everyone really enjoyed the seminars, the food was great as it always is, the hotel was great and very accommodating, and what more can be said about Mike Jones and his team for putting together another amazing event. Big thanks of course to the entire HQ Staff and folks like West Peterson, Chris Ritter, and the museum team as well. Dave Berg did another great job at the Friday night auction and help raise a significant sum again this year. The new "buy-it-now" format for some items seemed very popular. I've spoken with several other clubs who are struggling with their own annual meetings and I'm convinced that having this in our regular familiar location, plus all those great seminars, makes our Annual Meeting the envy of the hobby. Keep up the great work, and we'll see you next time. I've already been asked for a "Part Two" on my early motoryclce history seminar, so we'll see what happens.

Terry

Sorry you missed it Steve. Lotsa neat early stuff. When I was researching this I uncovered so much material it was difficult to narrow it down, so ended up with some pre WWI stuff, highlighting some significant develoments from steam powered to Indian and Harley. An interesting twist was how Indian was so closely tied to several other companies - Warwick, Thor, and even the Keating Wheel Company - who successfully sued Indian in 1917 for their claim to be the first American built motorcycle. There was a new book available from McFarland about the Keating wheel company and it had some of the info regarding that. Like cars there were many twists and turns.

I just did a very condensed version of this for our own club and it was very well received.

I think one of the things to look for in developing the future seminar schedules for Philly will be a good mix of core semnars (Region/Chapter Offers training, Judging, Newsletters, Meet/tour and other activity info and then a mix of interesting/informative/entertaining seminars. It'll be a challenge but I think a greater focus on mix and content will keep them fresh and lively.

Let me now if you need any additional thought - and I also thought perhaps the Museum could embark on a series of rolling seminars on a variety of topics. I note that the Gilmore Museum has some interesting things scheduled.

Pray for sunshine - can't wait to get to Puerto Rico!

Terry

Edited by Steve Moskowitz
Terry, I guess you did not get my little jab...check your spelling of motorcycles! (see edit history)

We had a great time at Philly. I would like to se more Do it your self seminars like Scott Dinos , I think they inspire owners to try themselves . It also give others info to pass on to our hobby. I do my own resto and enjoy Scotts way of doing things him self . Over 40 years of doing my own cars I have learn to do from watching others and trying.Kings32

That would be a great addition - would love to see some of the tricks/techniques. I did the interior of our MGBGT and the sense of panic as I was installing the seat covers was amazing as I realized with the glue, it was a one-shot deal to get everything right, centered and without wrinkles. Worked out, but not anxious to do the next one. I wanted to get to Scott's but time conflicts precluded that - maybe the thought of doubling up some of then wouldn't be too bad. I've never seen anything opposite the judging schools so that might be some time for those who don't need to attend them.

Terry

I apprenticed under a master trimmer, he taught me many tricks and some basics, such as always use a centerline and always trust your mark! (there are times, after fitting and marking fabric, that you try to second guess yourself when sewing together because it doesn't "look" right, a big mistake).... I think a book could be written about how to live your life that way.....

Guest Pickard

Thanks for the pic, I just had the windscreen reinstalled and cowl piece made, next the original speedo set up and carbide generator. Smooth whites on order from univeral tire too.

Guest Pickard
I was pleased to see the Pickard at Philadelphia after viewing it at Hotel Hershey last year. I like how it is preserved.

Phil

Thanks Phil,

My only plan for the Pickard is to pain stakingly track down and return only the exact parts that are/were missing and to preserve and never restore!

(sorry if I high jacked the tread)